#31 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,565 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

The failure to successfully cheat does not dismiss the act of cheating. It just validates the stupidity of the Saints* and their fans.

#32 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Your name is fug, your topic is poo, and I wish the forum would filter out your garbage posts.

Still not as bad as our resident taints** troll though.

#33 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

The one lesson from all of these Saint* cheating episodes is this: you cant believe one word that comes out of the mouths of the Saints front office, coaching staff, or players.

How about believing the word of the "anonymous" source that only ESPN was able to find, that waited 8 years to say anything and is claiming that allegedly the device was wired to eavesdrop, BUT NEVER ALLEGES LOOMIS DID EAVESDROP. Also ESPN clearly stated that there is no proof of Loomis using the device to eavesdrop.

#34 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,235 posts

Anyone who imagines for one second that the Saints actually used this advantage during a game is an absolute moron.

1) Loomis would have had to intercept the calls, understand exactly what those calls meant, relay those calls to his coaches, who would then have to relay that information onto the field before the snap, and then hope that the defense actually know how to adjust to make use of that tip. It's absurd to believe that they attempted to do any of that and still played horribly as a team.

2) The timeframe when Loomis is accused predate Brees. Your conjecture fails.

3) The only thing Loomis could have been conceivably doing was cataloging opposing teams' calls for future reference, which would also provide a competitive advantage, just not at the same level. TI believe he was just being snooping like an idiot and no competitive advantage was gained. However, the advantage or lack thereof is irrelevant; the mere fact it was being done at all is enough for the NFL to smack the Saints down and for lawsuits to get involved.

In summary, much like the bounty scheme, the Saints have been caught doing something that could plausibly give them a slight advantage, but clearly screwed it up by neither gaining an advantage nor failing to keep it covered up. They truly are an epic failure of a franchise, and that is far more laughable than anything else to come out of these stories.

See my post earlier in this thread. How would that not be a realistic advantage.

But that has nothing to do with Brees

#35 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

The Saints and Loomis are accused of wiretapping from 2002 until 2005, when the equipment was removed during the Superdome's housing of evacuees from Katrina. Brees joined the Saints in 2006.

So no.

#36 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,565 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

I don't care if Loomis listened or if some hack intern listened, I just think its awesome to see your little *Saints franchise exposed for the low life group it is.

#37 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Pat?

are you Lenard from the Big Bang Theory?

Posted Image

#38 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Pat?

are you Lenard from the Big Bang Theory?

Posted Image

I get that a lot on this picture.

#39 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

I bet you do pretty lips

#40 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

See my post earlier in this thread.  How would that not be a realistic advantage.

But that has nothing to do with Brees

WHO CARES IF IT WAS AN ADVANTAGE? The NFL's going to rip them yet another asshole no matter if they went 0-16 or 19-0, based on principle alone.

#41 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,235 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

WHO CARES IF IT WAS AN ADVANTAGE? The NFL's going to rip them yet another asshole no matter if they went 0-16 or 19-0, based on principle alone.

Well, I think proving it gave then a competitive advantage would dictate punishment....if true

#42 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

He could have masturbated while listening to opposing coordinators for all the NFL cares, it's still a violation of NFL law.

#43 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

How about believing the word of the "anonymous" source that only ESPN was able to find, that waited 8 years to say anything and is claiming that allegedly the device was wired to eavesdrop, BUT NEVER ALLEGES LOOMIS DID EAVESDROP. Also ESPN clearly stated that there is no proof of Loomis using the device to eavesdrop.

It's irrelevant if he did or did not use the equipment. The mere fact it was wired that way at all is enough for Goodell to throw the book at your franchise (again.) Loomis will not be your GM in about two weeks, Brees is not going to sign his tender, and your season has ended before it started.

#44 Guest_fug_*

Guest_fug_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I made this thread for the annoying saints fans, Thanks to all the panther fans that fuged that up and got in arguments with each other.

/thread

#45 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

• HUDDLER
  • 5,162 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Well, I think proving it gave then a competitive advantage would dictate punishment....if true

Nope, not at all. The league won't give a rip if he used it to sing himself to sleep in the booth, the mere presence is enough to blast them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.