15 replies to this topic

#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,914 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:46 AM

I respect this guy, he usually speaks with logic and a great understanding of the game. I understand his point of View. I never thought about this guy. Mainly because we've signed a couple of safeties.

Mark Barron? This high?

#2 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:05 AM

He's rated very highly as a prospect, some consider him the best defensive back in the draft. While taking a safety in the top 10 isn't usually the modus operandi for a lot of teams, I think it might be a good idea since there happen to be a lot of very good tight ends that we are going to be up against on a regular basis.

#3 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Wouldn't mind. Just don't know how good he can or will be. If he's anything like a Ed Reed or polamalu or anything close then I say hell yes. But those kind of safeties don't grow on trees ya know.

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

I've never respected Charles Davis' opinion. He always comes across as simple and doesn't put any real thought into what he says. He and Charlie Casserly are probably the worst two major TV analysts, in my opinion.

On this idea, Barron in the top 10?? Doesn't make sense. The last Safety taken in the top 10 was a "once in a generation" type Safety, Eric Berry. Barron ain't Berry. I could possibly see Dallas pulling the trigger on Barron, but Safeties are like RBs and non pass rushing LBs. Their position value doesn't warrant such high draft picks and Barron doesn't seem to be such a superstar that he's worth overdrafting his position. He seems like he'll be good, but not a superstar like Eric Berry seemed (and still seems, discounting the year on IR) he'd be.

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

I've never seen him play but have heard so many people compare him to Ed Reed. If he is a Ed Reed or Troy Polamala I'd love him. I'd only want him in a trade down scenario. He is like my #5 or 6 favorite for us

#6 Corporal Casto

Corporal Casto

Noob Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationQueen City

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

What slot has he been projected to go in most mocks?

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

Until this week, early 2nd with a very few projections in the late 1st. I've thought all along he'd be a Steeler in the 1st, as Polomalu's soon to be needed replacement. Might not make it that far with all this hype though.

#8 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,343 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:02 AM

If Coples is there, we're taking him.

#9 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,323 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

What slot has he been projected to go in most mocks?

To the Cowboys at 12

#10 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

I wouldnt mind Barron- probably as much of smoke screen to get Dallas or SD to try to move up.

#11 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Picking Mark Barron would be a nightmare scenario.

Don't get me wrong... he's a great player and from what I've heard a solid citizen as well. And would obviously fill a need.

But picking a safety in the Top Ten of the draft? The situation that would result in that just gives me the shudders.

If Claiborne, Blackmon, and Cox are gone, personally I'd much rather pick the top remaining OL on the board or Kuechly.

#12 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,328 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Wouldn't mind Barron at all. He can be a real good safety in this league. We do play in a high offensive power division so. Yeah.

#13 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

He is a great Box saftey.Keep in mind the Cowboys want him so every team is leaking info to trade back

#14 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

If Coples is there, we're taking him.

How do you know this?

#15 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Barron is nothing like Ed Reed. He is an Adrian Wilson clone. You can move him anywhere with his size and athletiscm. He can even play LB for you. He is great in the box, can rush the passer, understands zone concepts, and can play man2man. Adrian Wilson clone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Draft, Mock Draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com