Photo
- - - - -

Terrell Mcclain

Still a sleeper?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#73 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

It's not just Fua. Our starting D-line is undersized in my opinion. Not to say people that size can't get it done, but it is tougher given the size of O-linemen today.

Fua looks way too small to play over the center. CJ is really good, but on the small side. I think Fua is like 6' even, CJ and McClain are 6'2", and Hardy is a bit better at 6'4". With the exception of Fua, all are under 300 lbs.

I think that is one reason why we saw some improvement when Kearse and Shirley played.

lowest man wins..

#74 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

lowest man wins..

I know, but taken to the extreme, if you put midgets on the field they aren't going to win anything.

There is nothing scientific about my observation. Just watching all of our games, our D-line looks significantly smaller than the opposing O-lines on a consistent basis. It is more of a general impression.

It may just be that the lack of technique/experience/skill at DT is getting them overwhelmed more than their size.

#75 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

/cuebrokenrecord

Start Brockers next to McClain and he and Hardy both have big improvement this year based on that alone :)

#76 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

There's talent there, one can only hope he replicates this performance every game next year.