Photo
- - - - -

Samuels A Falcon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#91 atljbo

atljbo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Also

Broncos got pretty deep into the Asante Samuel trade/contract renegotiation. Instead, Samuel was just traded from Philly to Atlanta for 7th-rd pick. NFL Network's Albert Breer says Falcons and Samuel agreed to 3 years, $18.5 million. I've heard it's 3 yrs, $15 mil with chance to make $3.5 mill more in incentives. Broncos weren't that high. At one point, Broncos thought deal was done but Samuel changed his mind on accepted pay cut. He had 2 yrs, $21.5 million left on his contract with Philly.

So its truly a 5 mil a year deal... Probably some int incentives.... I hear some bring up his age... Ask Philly.. He was their best CB last year... PFF had him as a probowl worthy guy.... He had a very good season last year

#92 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

One big reason why this doesn't bother me that much.

We have his former DC on staff, and a guy whom I imagine Rivera and Hurney would have gone to and asked "is it worth making an effort to get this guy?" You could infer that since no such effort was made, McDermott said "nah".

It's plausible.

#93 atljbo

atljbo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

One big reason why this doesn't bother me that much.

We have his former DC on staff, and a guy whom I imagine Rivera and Hurney would have gone to and asked "is it worth making an effort to get this guy?" You could infer that since no such effort was made, McDermott said "nah".

It's plausible.

LOL.. Really ?

Well the Lions, Titans, and Denver wanted him....Peter King said Denver basically had him but Samuel backed out of the deal (I guess he didnt want to go to Denver) ... He said he told his agent he wanted to be an falcons

#94 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

LOL.. Really ?

Well the Lions, Titans, and Denver wanted him....Peter King said Denver basically had him but Samuel backed out of the deal (I guess he didnt want to go to Denver) ... He said he told his agent he wanted to be an falcons

Which tells me his judgment sucks, so again, no problem :D

#95 atljbo

atljbo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Which tells me his judgment sucks, so again, no problem :D

lol.. I hear you

#96 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

aint skeered

#97 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

Even as good a CB as Samuel undeniably is, he can't win it by himself. Cam has a big ol' field to throw into, and if he can't do that, he has two (or maybe three now) great RBs. And, of course, if all else fails, he knows how to take it himself. I wish the Falcons didn't have Samuel, but I'm not too worried about it.

#98 atljbo

atljbo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Even as good a CB as Samuel undeniably is, he can't win it by himself. Cam has a big ol' field to throw into, and if he can't do that, he has two (or maybe three now) great RBs. And, of course, if all else fails, he knows how to take it himself. I wish the Falcons didn't have Samuel, but I'm not too worried about it.

Yea..I cant lie... Cam did his thing last year....I will say this tho... Samuel and Grimes... They can cover alot of field

#99 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

that's why a 2 TE system is a must.. Olsen and Shockey (for the sake of this conversation, and should he resign) creates too many mismatches on top of a solid running game, opening up everything for Smitty and LaFell..

all those pawns together create a fun chess match on Sundays..