Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNCrules2187

Rivera And Hurney Met With Coples' Family

71 posts in this topic

You know what I like to hear when people talk about D and O linemen?

High motor.

Gym Rat.

Explosive.

Nasty.

Mean Streak.

Desire to be the Best.

That's what I like to hear. If I hear Rivera say those things, then I am cool with the pick, but so far we have not heard those things about Coples.

What we have heard is:

Big.

Strong.

Looks the Part.

Could be special.

Tremendous Potential.

Until I hear different, that's what I have to believe from the people who actually do this for a living.

Guess you didnt like Cam either.

Looks like Panthro was possibly right..

He can play any position on the line and IMHO he's polished enough to make an impact immediately. You will utilize his ability much better if you keep him at the end though. Like peppers, I see the staff rotating him from both end positions. He will feast on right tackles.

Wtf u talking about dude

I'm talking bout sex baby, I'm talkin bout you and me

So, we get Coples in the 1st. Who you guys wanna see in the 2nd? Please don't say Jenkins, because I don't think I could handle two guys who have had question/motivation concerns.

Trumaine Johnson? Josh Robinson? Or, do you want to see us get a LB? Maybe Bruce Irvin?

How QC is not the highest rates defensive player is mind boggling. Claiborne was a great player on an excellent defense but he is also a retard. Coples can at least read.

How QC is not the highest rates defensive player is mind boggling. Claiborne was a great player on an excellent defense but he is also a retard. Coples can at least read.

Well, we don't really know Coples' Wonderlic score. It could've been a 5. It just happens that Claiborne's got out.

I would go guard or tackle in the second round. Mike Adams from Ohio state could slip.

Guess you didnt like Cam either.

Cam made me nervous because of his lack of playing time, and the number of throws that we were using as a body of work.

I never once questioned his work ethic, his smarts (the Gruden thing made me a bit nervous), or his desire to win. He showed on the field that he was willing to do anything to win at any cost.

That is something that Coples has not shown. And he is a D Lineman.

Yup Coples is our pick at 9

I'm fine with coples DE is worse than DT.

smokescreen

I hope so... There will be much better football players than Coples still on the board at 9.

1 person likes this