Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Smith On Jim Rome Radio

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Was a pretty good interview. Lasted 10 minutes or so.

Talked mainly about his new charitable organization that he's working with. I can't remember the name, but it deals with donating shoes and socks to underprivileged families and homeless people. He's going to LA in June to give out 1000 pairs. Also said this season, for all of the away games, he'll be donating anywhere from 250-500 pairs of shoes in those respective cities, and promoting this charity. He said he can write checks and donate all day long, but felt he really needed to donate his time and do the work to leave him a legacy off the field when he's done playing.

Jim asked him about his quotes on Dave Damesheks show and how he felt about the bounties. He told te same story again and owned exactly what he said and didn't differ from it. When asked about roman harpers hit on him last season he just said he doesn't think it was bounty related, just the saints mindset on getting hits in. Said "Roman Harper don't like me, and I don't like him." Said he wasn't just saying this stuff to get in the press or was lying about it. Said "I just signed a 31.5 million dollar contract, I'm not saying this stuff to sell books or for money. I've been called a lot of things in my time, some of them true, some of them not, but one thing I'm not is a liar."

So nothing really new or groundbreaking. Was nice to hear about his new way of serving, sounds like a good deal he has going.

Posted · Report post

He's maturation process has literally played out in front of us!

Posted · Report post

Wish people would put a link to these type of threads...

Posted · Report post

I love smitty :wub:

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Ivan The Awesome' timestamp='1335465740' post='1747633']
Wish people would put a link to these type of threads...
[/quote]

You mean the link to a recap of a segment of an interview I heard on the radio? While working?

Quit bitching and get over it

Posted · Report post

[quote name='D34Williams' timestamp='1335466770' post='1747688']
You mean the link to a recap of a segment of an interview I heard on the radio? While working?

Quit bitching and get over it
[/quote]

i'm with this guy.

Posted · Report post

Samaritans Feet is the name of the charity.

Here's a link :P

[url="http://www.samaritansfeet.org/"]http://www.samaritansfeet.org/[/url]

Posted · Report post

The best Panther ever...

Posted · Report post

Provide the link..or just search for it yourself as they podcast almost all major radio shows...The internets work the same for all.