lol@you pathetic GMs who can't find a job

#212 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

I haven't posted on this site in a long time, but I decided to check things out to see the general opinion on the pick. I see that things haven't changed too much, with people whining about a fantastic selection because it wasn't the one person that they wanted.

Personally, I was hoping we wouldn't draft Coples because I think he's lazy and I prefer a player who shows up regardless of what's happening around him. If a player is going to stick around for a decade, there are going to be ups and downs, and I would like to have the guy who is going to give you his best regardless of what else is going on.

We got a player who has lead the ACC in tackles for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. A person who many people have said is one of the most intense and hard working players they've ever been around. A guy who, regardless of which position he takes in our linebacking corp, will be an immediate impact player for the team. Plus, when Ron Rivera is willing to take a linebacker at the 9th pick in the draft, you have to assume he sees something he likes a lot...and I think he's someone whose opinion you can trust when it comes to the LB position.

Yes, DT and CB are both needs...but we addressed DT with two third rounders last year and I still have some hope for both guys, and CB is a position where there are still solid options available. I'm not a full believer in always taking BPA, but in this case, the best player available was also a guy who will make an immediate and positive impact to our defense. I'm thrilled to have him.

Slight aside - If we would have taken Coples, I wouldn't have been happy about it...but I'll trust the team to make the best choice. I wasn't really a fan of the Cam Newton pick last year either, so what do I know?

#213 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

welcome back...

#214 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

x2.

#215 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,835 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Also, we are going to see Kuech matchup with Jimmy Graham.

This X1000

Remember we drafted TD to specifically stop Vick in our division.

If Keek can nullify the TEs that have been eating us alive the past few years then he's well worth it. TD can be a reserve and come in on passing downs to get after the QB, Beast and Keek can drop into coverage. Anderson isn't the best cover LB out there anyways.

This isn't a sexy pick. But it is a good, solid pick up that will bolster our D.

I was not a Keek fan coming up to the draft, but I really can't argue the logic of the pick.

Welcome to the Panthers Luke.

#216 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Alshon Jeffrey.

yep

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users