Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nba Playoffs Rd 1: [2] Miami Heat Vs. [7] New York Knicks

NBA Playoffs   8 votes

1. 1. Who will win?

• Miami Heat
    • New York Knicks

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't watched the games, but from what I hear the heat should waltz into the finals

Posted

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP) Amare Stoudemire says there's a ''great chance'' he can play in Game 4 of the Knicks' series against Miami on Sunday despite cutting his left hand on a fire extinguisher case.

Stoudemire is out of Thursday's Game 3 after a surgeon repaired a muscle in the hand Tuesday. The Knicks are calling him doubtful for Game 4, but Stoudemire says he's ''not totally sure yet.''

Stoudemire, wearing a large wrap around his hand, says he has reason for hope because ''I just persevere through a lot of injuries and work hard to recover from injuries.''

He says he punched the case out of anger Monday after the Knicks fell behind 2-0 and wasn't trying to injure himself, adding there was only a small piece of glass that he hit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/stoudemire-great-chance-playing-game-165009941--nba.html;_ylt=AvLpvAtsnQ5Ms1hs8VUZlZc5nYcB

Amar'e's gonna pull a Willis Reed in the Garden on Sunday. LOL.

Posted

Behind 32 points from LeBron, the Heat win easily in New York and take a commanding 3-0 series lead. The loss was the Knicks 13 consecutive in the playoffs, a new postseason record.

Posted

That block by LeBron at the end of the game on Carmelo was SICK and should not have been called a foul. Can we just skip all this window dressing and get straight to a Heat/Lakers final? Thanks.

Posted

That block by LeBron at the end of the game on Carmelo was SICK and should not have been called a foul. Can we just skip all this window dressing and get straight to a Heat/Lakers final? Thanks.

This is definately some boring 1st round matchups.

Wouldn't give it to the Lakers yet either. Spurs and Thunder looking mighty good about now.

Posted

This is definately some boring 1st round matchups.

Wouldn't give it to the Lakers yet either. Spurs and Thunder looking mighty good about now.

Agreed, it definitely looks more wide-open in the West than the East. Miami/LA is the dream matchup for me, though. Hopefully we'll get it.

Posted

76affa33b816337c8218230c50359b03-getty-143968989.jpg

Oh I so hope Linsanity returns next game and this series gets interesting.

Posted

New York shows some pride and wins a game and avoids the sweep. Congrats New York. But you're going down in South Beach in Game 5.

Posted

It's already old news, but I'm not a fan of the call to give it to Wade in an iso there at the end. James had the hot hand and all they needed was a 2. I really think he was ready to put the final dagger in the Knicks. If somehow, someway, NY is able to force a game 6 this is going to get really interesting--especially with Linsanity possibly back in the picture. Still, I think Miami takes care of business on Tuesday.

Posted

ap-201205062230810493178.6.jpg

New York Knicks guard Baron Davis received bad news regarding his injured knee as an MRI revealed that he has a partial tear of the patella tendon and complete tear of the ACL and MCL, the New York Post reported Monday.

He will be out 12 months, which means he will miss all of next season as well as the rest of this season. In fact, his career is probably over.

Davis is expected to have surgery next week. After sustaining the injury in Sunday's Game 4 of the series against the Miami Heat, Davis had talked about trying to return next season. But that seems unlikely now.

Davis was sidelined with a herniated disk until February this season, and then took over as the Knicks starting point guard after Jeremy Lin went down with a knee injury.

Davis, who turned 33 last month, is in his 13th NBA season. He averaged just 6.1 points in 29 games this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baron-davis-career-likely-over-004018585--nba.html;_ylt=Akakl0b2.YyDLCT7RgH8hvpXPKB4

Posted

Yeah, we all knew Baron was done. What news of Linsanity?

Posted

What's with all thes ACLs? Damn.