35 replies to this topic

#16 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

But yet everyone is still screaming for a 2nd round CB who has taken zero snaps in the NFL.

Hogan was a early 2nd round grade last year....fell due to injury and off the field questions.

He is the equivalent of anyone we would draft today.

Not saying he is the answer, but the reason you gave above to discredit him is slightly comical.

That being said, I still want to add another CB from the 2nd round today. We need starters AND good depth. We are in a passing division and need to go 4 CB's deep to defend these passing games.

Still has done nothing on the field to just hand him the job. Plus he needs to have competition.

#17 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

We just need bodies. Get Jenkins for cheap. Draft Jenkins if you want. Bring all in. Jenkins could play while guys learn

#18 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Posted Image

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

would do it for nothing higher than 4th round pick. Might not be here after next season.

#20 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,218 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'd do it for a 6th. If Gamble or Hogan miss time do you really want Captain out there? Personally I want to stack so many corners that Munnerlyn is off the team.

#21 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,677 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

He was a 1st rounder and he's showed promise. If we can get him for a late round pick (a 4th or lower), I'd be dead happy with it.

#22 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

i'd be fine with it if we can give them pickles and call it even.

#23 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

If we don't get Janoris Jenkins then I would be okay with the deal for a 6th or 7th rounder. Mike Jenkins is coming off major shoulder surgery and is in the last year of his contract. He wouldn't be ready to go until training camp anyway.

He would only cost $1M, so the price is right. I would look at it as depth for one year only- so for a 6th or 7th if he's only here a year who cares. Doubt he's going to get the contract he wants anyway.

Liked the gif of his performance from one game last year. Not nearly as good as the "Cowboys" persona he had. The Cowboys entire DB group was absolute garbage last year, though in fairness Jenkins wasn't nearly the worst for what it's worth.

There's a reason Dallas traded up for Claiborne, and Mike Jenkins is obviously not in their long-term plan. I would only want him for a very late pick as a one-year depth move if the Panthers aren't going to draft a CB in the 2nd round.

#24 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Damn drafted a CB and is just going to throwaway Jenkins. I really hope Panthers is paying close attention, it'll be a great move depending on what they're asking

Then maybe we can get Hill

#25 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,678 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Has it really come to this? Basically you guys want to throw poo at the wall and see if it sticks. Could be me, but I really don't want Cowboy hand-me-downs. If he's not good enough for them, then why should he be good enough for us?

Yeah, he could be a bandage...you know the kind that doesn't stick worth a poo and eventually just falls off. You just look down and it's gone.

Don't want a recuperating, suspect guy who has been replaced by a guy that we looked at as a draft prospect.

#26 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

If the Panthers dont get Janoris Jenkins then I want Mike Jenkins.

It seems you just want a Jenkins of any kind.

#27 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

IDK... I guess he could be an upgrade, but I have seen him cause the cowboys some games.... the guy does not tackles at all which leads to big plays by WR's... Just my opinion.

#28 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Has it really come to this? Basically you guys want to throw poo at the wall and see if it sticks. Could be me, but I really don't want Cowboy hand-me-downs. If he's not good enough for them, then why should he be good enough for us?

Yeah, he could be a bandage...you know the kind that doesn't stick worth a poo and eventually just falls off. You just look down and it's gone.

Don't want a recuperating, suspect guy who has been replaced by a guy that we looked at as a draft prospect.

Is he better then Captain Mucrap?

#29 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

trade a 6th for jenkins, draft worthy or still. Good two days for panther fans.

#30 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,157 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

a sixth yes

edit: my roomate is a Cowboys fan so I'll give you the lowdown on this guy. Injury-prone, Good in Coverage, Poor Tackler

His contract is up in Dallas after next year, and word on the street is they weren't going to re-sign him anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.