90 replies to this topic

#31 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

kuechly is better, that's why. he's faster, covers better, and can play any of the LBer positions. connor was good enough, but but kuechly has the potential to be great

#32 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

So we just going to compare Connor to Luke cause they both white huh lol

#33 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Let me say this again .. we would have been fine at LB with Connor

Saying it 20 times doesn't make it correct.

You can't look at the draft as only getting good players in the first round, It's an entire class. Maybe there are players at your other positions that the staff likes better and they are optimizing for best overall impact. Maybe Luke was they guy they always wanted.

#34 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

The Panthers felt so strongly about Kuech they didn't entertain trading back. I'm gonna give this kid every chance just like I did Cam.

#35 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

You would be more accurate win a Beason vs Luke breakdown.

Comparing Connor/Luke is like those wanting to compare RGIII to Vick. Race is the main driver

You're comparing a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL to one of the greatest Panthers of all time?

I'm not saying he can't be .. but .. he is not in the same realm as Beason .. sorry

Not yet at least

#36 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

na .. that's not what I think .. but thanks for the insight into my own brain lol

Let me say this again .. we would have been fine at LB with Connor .. then we could have used our pick on a much more dire need

I'm not saying they're the same player .. or that we would have had the best LB group in the NFL .. I'm saying it would have been a way for us to strengthen OTHER positions that sucked last year worse

Some people have a hard time following alone.

#37 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Saying it 20 times doesn't make it correct.

I'm not trying to be "correct" lol

This is a discussion forum .. we discuss opinions .. no one here is "correct" .. don't take things so seriously lol

#38 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

na .. that's not what I think .. but thanks for the insight into my own brain lol

Let me say this again .. we would have been fine at LB with Connor .. then we could have used our pick on a much more dire need

I'm not saying they're the same player .. or that we would have had the best LB group in the NFL .. I'm saying it would have been a way for us to strengthen OTHER positions that sucked last year worse

What don't you understand about LB still being a position of need even with Connor? You must be judging Connor on his pre-draft potential or madden rating because you clearly haven't seen how he plays (or Kuechly for that matter). Rivera knows more than all of us and it was his call to let Connor walk. Even though we weren't sure if we could land Kuechly, we didn't hold onto Connor for insurance. That's how much of a waste of time he is.

Rivera decided that Connor offered nothing to this team. Rivera sees a player that he doesn't need, doesn't want, and he lets him leave. If John Fox was still our head coach, Connor would have been re-signed because that would have been the safe thing to do. You keep saying that Connor would help us out, allowing us to add at other positions, even though our head coach still saw a giant hole. It's gonna be real hard to win this argument.

Man, I can't believe I wrote this much for someone that wants to compare Connor to Kuechly. I'm done here.

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

So...any fans of the movie Cobra here?!

You're the disease....and I'm the cure...

#40 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

You're comparing a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL to one of the greatest Panthers of all time?

I'm not saying he can't be .. but .. he is not in the same realm as Beason .. sorry

Not yet at least

You can look at it as players coming out of college then. Luke compares more to Beason coming out than Connor. But Luke coming out vs Beason coming out is an easy comparison....Luke looks better.

Connor comparison is lazy. You didn't seem to have issues comparing him to NFL players until he was compared to someone good.

#41 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

All this time i thought they let Conner walk do to cap numbers. Panthers couldn't afford him.

#42 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

What don't you understand about LB still being a position of need even with Connor? You must be judging Connor on his pre-draft potential or madden rating because you clearly haven't seen how he plays (or Kuechly for that matter). Rivera knows more than all of us and it was his call to let Connor walk. Even though we weren't sure if we could land Kuechly, we didn't hold onto Connor for insurance. He decided that Connor offered nothing to this team. Rivera sees a player that he doesn't need and he lets him leave. If John Fox was still our head coach, Connor would have been re-signed because that would have been the safe thing to do. You keep saying that Connor would help us out even though our head coach disagrees. It's gonna be real hard to win this argument.

wow .. did you even read what I wrote? please read this VERY slowly

I didn't say that LB wouldn't be a position of need (you still reading and comprehending?)

I'm saying .. there would have been OTHER positions that we could have used the pick on @ #9 .. that we needed MUCH MUCH more than LB if we had re-signed Connor

LB would have been a need .. but not nearly as much as others (if we would have re-signed Connor)

not sure how to write this any clearer

#43 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

wow .. did you even read what I wrote? please read this VERY slowly

I didn't say that LB wouldn't be a position of need (you still reading and comprehending?)

I'm saying .. there would have been OTHER positions that we could have used the pick on @ #9 .. that we needed MUCH MUCH more than LB if we had re-signed Connor

LB would have been a need .. but not nearly as much as others (if we would have re-signed Connor)

not sure how to write this any clearer

Connor is worthless. Want proof? Tweet Rivera.

Rivera does not want holes at the LB position. Of all the positions on that side of the ball, Rivera decided he couldn't ignore the LB position. There's really nothing more I can tell you, bro.

#44 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Connor isn't nearly the caliber of player that Kuechly is and never dreamed of having the versatility that he has. Connor was a one-trick pony, and he did well filling in but Kuechly was drafted to play immediately in any and all spots at linebacker and at first glance, is a huge upgrade as far as coverage goes. Connor was a run-stopping ILB. Kuechly is a run stopping machine paired with a unique ability to also be able to cover TEs, which routinely rape us over the middle.

This is a clear, sizable upgrade by any measurable.

#45 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

You can look at it as players coming out of college then. Luke compares more to Beason coming out than Connor. But Luke coming out vs Beason coming out is an easy comparison....Luke looks better.

Connor comparison is lazy. You didn't seem to have issues comparing him to NFL players until he was compared to someone good.

haha nice try .. but I didn't even compare Kuechly to Connor in my OP .. I was simply stating we could have used our pick on another position of need if we had re-signed Connor

LB would have been an area of need as well (even with Connor) .. but not nearly as bad as other positions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.