Photo
- - - - -

Connor Vs. Kuechly

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#85 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think the thread is a moot point because the only thing Connor has proven, is that he can't stay healthy for a full season. We can say that about Davis now as well. I any day of the week would take McClain and Keuchley over Connor and Cox/Coples/or any other dlineman in this draft.

#86 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sigh. Comparing Connor to Kuechly is like comparing Vince Young to Cam Newton.

Nuff said.

#87 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Yeah .. but we would have Cox, Connor and whatever our next pick would be .. keeping Connor would have afforded us an additional pick to use elsewhere .. possibly allowing us to solidify our LB's with a later-round pick ..

I understand what you're saying, but there's only so much room on the roster. You can't keep saying that we'd have the same group + Connor. At some point, we have to say that Connor's spot is being taken here. If everyone on the roster is filling their role better than Connor did his, then we did the right thing by letting him go. If we end up with DL or DB who is worse at their role than Connor at LB, then you have an arguement.

#88 xtheronx

xtheronx

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

I understand what you're saying, but there's only so much room on the roster. You can't keep saying that we'd have the same group + Connor. At some point, we have to say that Connor's spot is being taken here. If everyone on the roster is filling their role better than Connor did his, then we did the right thing by letting him go. If we end up with DL or DB who is worse at their role than Connor at LB, then you have an arguement.

yep

for example .. I really like Munnerlyn's attitude .. but I would have rather see him go and replace him with Claiborne versus letting Connor go and replacing him with Keuchly

IMO Connor did a better job at his position than Captain did

would rather have had Connor/Claiborne or Blackmon vs. Keuchly/Munnerlyn (of course this is assuming we traded up like the cowgirls did)

#89 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

This has gone beyond silly, I likey.

Posted Image

#90 xtheronx

xtheronx

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

This has gone beyond silly, I likey.

Posted Image

haha .. yes it has

#91 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

It's gone beyond silly because most people aren't grasping what the OP was saying.