Photo
- - - - -

In other college sports

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
94 replies to this topic

#1 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 08:52 AM

I have kinda debated posting this, but why not....nothing else is going on right now but the John Wall saga

Just to let people know Carolina made it to the ACC Championship game in Lacrosse this past weekend only to lose to Duke :mad: So, it looks like the NCAA Tourney will consist of a possibility of 3 teams from the ACC in the 8 team NCAA Tourney with Duke, UVA and UNC

but the Tar Heels have recaptured the #1 spot in Baseball

I know a lot of you guys do not care, but I actually like all College sports and I know of a few people on here also like watching the other sports beyond the big 2

#2 J-Vic

J-Vic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:09 AM

We've been lucky that Carolina has been pretty good in some other major men's sports like Baseball, Lacrosse, and Soccer. Like you, I enjoy any sport (that includes a ball) Carolina participates in.

It was nice catching their games out here in Dallas for the Soccer Final Four. I went to the Final Four way back in the early 90's when Davidson hosted and played in the semis. This time around wasnt as exciting as my first because the stadium in Dallas is huge and there were really no people there. Also wouldve been better had the Heels won.

I've caught a few Lacrosse games on ESPNU this year. Hopefully they'll make some noise in the tourney again. I dont understand the intricacies of Lacrosse but I definitely keep up with how Carolina is doing.

I was glad to see the baseball team swept Miami two weeks ago. Getting blanked by ECU to follow that up was dissapointing. I'm debating on going to Omaha this year. they should make another deep run. College baseball is one of the sports that should be on TV more.

#3 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:33 AM

well the lacrosse tourney is not a lock yet.....They are like 7th in the poll which would put them in, but their overall ranking is 9th which would leave them out. I am hoping their strength of schedule helps out since at one time there were like 5 ACC teams in the top 20, but they went 5-5 against top 20 teams not to mention 0-3 against the top 5 in the nation.....If they would have had a better record against top 20 I would say they were a lock.

#4 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:34 AM

I have actually watched a couple of UNC's lacrosse games on ESPNU myself. I didn't really know what the hell was going on, but I still got into it a little bit, especially that one with 2-3 overtimes against Johns Hopkins I think it was. Also, I watch the baseball team every chance I get. I really hope they can get over the hump and win the CWS this time. It's really agonizing to get so close every year and not win it.

#5 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

I personally am huge into college baseball...seems like UNC, LSU and others have been dancing in between the No. 1 ranking all year..GEAUX TIGERS

#6 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Road to the CWS and the actual CWS is one of most underrated Tourney's in sports IMO, granted not everybody has my same thinking otherwise it would be get more hype and more televised games throughout the season

#7 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

I have kinda debated posting this, but why not....nothing else is going on right now but the John Wall saga

Just to let people know Carolina made it to the ACC Championship game in Lacrosse this past weekend only to lose to Duke :mad: So, it looks like the NCAA Tourney will consist of a possibility of 3 teams from the ACC in the 8 team NCAA Tourney with Duke, UVA and UNC

but the Tar Heels have recaptured the #1 spot in Baseball

I know a lot of you guys do not care, but I actually like all College sports and I know of a few people on here also like watching the other sports beyond the big 2

Good to hear. I don't have the U so I don't get to see a lot of those games, but I do try to keep up...

#8 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:59 PM

Cant wait for the ACC to get into Ice Hockey.

#9 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

Cant wait for the ACC to get into Ice Hockey.

actually they have a team in it already

#10 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:39 PM

actually they have a team in it already

Yeah BC but I am hearing NC State and Wake are thinking about having a DivIII teams.

#11 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

most of BE are DII aren't they??

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,696 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:12 PM

most of BE are DII aren't they??

No clue? Jsut heard NC st was defiantly going to play DivIII and hearing rumors Wake is thinking about DivIII. That would be just to start and then in a few years move up.

#13 CM86

CM86

aka Benjamin Linus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

will UNC win that elusive National Championship in Baseball this year?! They've been knocking on the door for the past 4 years now...

#14 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

Man, I wish the Heel would find a way to win that WS...Fox has them right there.

#15 J-Vic

J-Vic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:42 AM

well the lacrosse tourney is not a lock yet.....They are like 7th in the poll which would put them in, but their overall ranking is 9th which would leave them out. I am hoping their strength of schedule helps out since at one time there were like 5 ACC teams in the top 20, but they went 5-5 against top 20 teams not to mention 0-3 against the top 5 in the nation.....If they would have had a better record against top 20 I would say they were a lock.

they got in as a 6 seed. first game is saturday at 230 (est) on ESPNU.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com