Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In other college sports

95 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

wow, where were these bats against ASU...I know ASU has a much better pitching staff, but 23 hits and 11 runs is amazing

Posted · Report post

Nice job of bouncing back today. Hopefully, they can keep this offense rolling for a while this time.

Posted · Report post

Nice job of bouncing back today. Hopefully, they can keep this offense rolling for a while this time.

Yeah, unfortunately easier said than done...

Posted · Report post

well the biggest thing with Carolina and Omaha is their bats go cold and they have to rely on pitching and defense alone while playing small ball. Now that they have gotten this monkey off their back, maybe the rest of the tourney will be different.

I am hoping Texas beats ASU, because I think Carolina can beat Texas twice but I cannot say the same against the dominant pitching of ASU. Also, this will not allow ASU to rest their best pitchers to get ready for Carolina.

Posted · Report post

Great to see Bunting bounce back from a dreadful game vs ASU. I got off work and saw that it was 8-0, so I basically missed almost all the runs.

I really hope we get ASU again.

Posted · Report post

well UNC will get another shot at ASU, and it will more than likely be Matt Harvey taking the mound. While being one of the youngest pitchers on the team it will be interesting on how he handles the pressure.

I doubt they throw White back in there and save him and Warren for a possible Texas matchup. So, unless they throw in Patrick Johnson which would be a little surprising, it should be Harvey

Posted · Report post

Amazing game last night....Arkansas hits a two run shot with two outs in the 9th, and then gets a bases loaded double play to force the game into extra innings. Then in the 12th the Razorbacks end the dream for UVA's first trip in their history to Omaha. It was a shame to, because UVA sure made a lot of run mistakes and left people stranded.

So, Carolina is the only ACC school left, but are still faced with an uphill battle. They have to beat ASU tonight, and Texas 2 games in a row.

Posted · Report post

Amazing game last night....Arkansas hits a two run shot with two outs in the 9th, and then gets a bases loaded double play to force the game into extra innings. Then in the 12th the Razorbacks end the dream for UVA's first trip in their history to Omaha. It was a shame to, because UVA sure made a lot of run mistakes and left people stranded.

So, Carolina is the only ACC school left, but are still faced with an uphill battle. They have to beat ASU tonight, and Texas 2 games in a row.

Uphill battle? Upmountain battle is more like it, but I'll be rooting for them...

Posted · Report post

I guess it is just me, if Harvey pitches well and the bats stay alive from last game.(and they will not have to use White or Warren in this game) Then you have White and Warren to face a Texas club that will give up runs, but have heavy bats which Carolina seem to like going against, ie ECU, Coastal, etc)

I honestly like the matchup between Texas twice rather than ASU twice(Texas is not as deep in pitching as ASU).....The only issue will be Austin Wood matchup in the first game against more than likely White, that could be another extra inning game.

I really think the two best all around teams in the tourney are LSU and Carolina. Texas and Arkansas have the bats, ASU has the pitching.

Posted · Report post

Uphill battle? Upmountain battle is more like it, but I'll be rooting for them...

It's gonna be tough, but they should feel pretty good about themselves if they can get past ASU tonight. LSU is looking mighty strong though, so they should be the favorites, IMO.

Posted · Report post

It's gonna be tough, but they should feel pretty good about themselves if they can get past ASU tonight. LSU is looking mighty strong though, so they should be the favorites, IMO.

Absolutely agree...

Posted · Report post

but the favorites don't always win....look at that Tar Heel team that won the first game against Oregon St and then lost the next two games....They had Andrew Miller, Daniel Bard, Alex White, Adam Warren, and Matt Harvey and that was just the pitching:yikes: