94 replies to this topic

#16 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:37 PM

I've always loved watching the baseball program. Hopefully when we get back to Omaha we can take it home this time.

#17 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

they got in as a 6 seed. first game is saturday at 230 (est) on ESPNU.

hmm that is really interesting actually, and the matchup with UMBC is actually pretty favorable to Carolina. Granted I do not like the 2nd round matchup of Navy or Duke.....Both teams very tough and even though Carolina beat Navy earlier in the year it was a very close game and could have went either way.

I do like the fact that ACC put in 4 teams though

#18 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:52 AM

well the Baseball team has bounced back nicely after the stunning loss to ECU(when I mean stunning, I mean stunning in how Carolina loss to ECU, because Carolina has not been shut out all year), but they will be tested this next week with going to NCSU and BC before the ACC Tourney

#19 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

Well Carolina advances to the 2nd round with a come from behind victory, but now they have to face a Red Hot Duke team.......I am just not feeling good about this game, but you never know what can happen

#20 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

Well Carolina advances to the 2nd round with a come from behind victory, but now they have to face a Red Hot Duke team.......I am just not feeling good about this game, but you never know what can happen

Carolina will damn sure have to play some better defense. Also, I have a feeling that Billy Bitter will have 2-3 guys on him this time around. That kid was on fire yesterday.

#21 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Yeah BC but I am hearing NC State and Wake are thinking about having a DivIII teams.

Squirrel, doesn't Virginia Tech have an ACC hockey team? Because I've seen the Roanoke Civic Center advertising ACC hockey with VT playing there on several different occasions in the last couple of years. I would doubt they would do that lying about it, though I've never actually attended a game, just been tempted...

#22 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

congrats on all 4 ACC teams advancing to the 2nd round in Lacrosse.....Pretty much everybody thought the fvorites were going to advance with Duke, Virginia and Carolina, but Maryland threw the upset over #7 Notre Dame.....Now if they could have only split up Carolina and Duke the ACC could have had a chance to throw 4 teams into the semis

#23 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

ugh and just how I thought it would play out....Duke wins by one as Carolina's rally falls short to put it into OT

Here's to Baseball now

#24 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

ugh and just how I thought it would play out....Duke wins by one as Carolina's rally falls short to put it into OT

Here's to Baseball now

Yeah, I didn't have a lot of confidence in our playing Duke in Lacross. I was impressed that the ACC had UNC, Duke and Maryland in both the men's and women's quarterfinals, that was impressive. But now baseball it is...

#25 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

Here's to Baseball now

Posted Image

Just playin with you Tweeder. I cant act like I follow Duke lacrosse.

#26 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

Official ACC Baseball Tourney schedule

http://www.theacc.co...ampionship.html

Carolina can get revenge on Duke for the lacrosse loss on Wednesday lol

#27 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

Just playin with you Tweeder. I cant act like I follow Duke lacrosse.

At least Carolina is closing the gap and giving Duke a run for their money nowadays.:D

I don't really follow lacrosse either, but I have watched a few games and I'm starting to get into it a little bit.

#28 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:05 PM

Excellent job by the UNC baseball team tonight. It was a shame that Warren couldn't finish it though.

My goodness...how good is that Levi Michael kid gonna be in the next couple of years?

#29 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:49 AM

what a pathetic showing last night........This team has the talent to get back to Omaha, but something seems to be missing as of late

#30 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

ok I hope they got out of their kinks and bad play now, Friday starts the NCAA Regional

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com