• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:33 PM

Yeah, that Virginia game was awful. Carolina pretty much played their best game of the year and their worst game of the year in back to back outings. Let's hope they get their act together this week.

#32 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

At least Carolina is closing the gap and giving Duke a run for their money nowadays.:D

I don't really follow lacrosse either, but I have watched a few games and I'm starting to get into it a little bit.

Yes, I really enjoyed the tournament. Now let's look forward to NCAA Baseball!!!

#33 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:46 AM

Carolina played well against Dartmouth by beating them 5-2, but now onto a dangerous Coastal Carolina team today

It will be Alex White vs. Cody Wheeler (CC's best Pitcher)

White is either unstoppable or gets shelled, there really is no good game for him, it is either all or nothing...CC beat Carolina earlier in the year, but hopefully the Heels come back and do what they have done over the past two years and beat CC when it counts........Should be very interesting at 5pm today

The most surprising was to see UVA crush one of the best Pitchers in the Nation, Stephen Strasberg

Good showing by the ACC, every ACC school in won their Regional Game....granted most of them were favored to win, but it is good to see them do it

#34 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

NC State has added a third national champion. Matt Hill won the NCAA Individual Golf Tournament this week.

#35 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

today whole different game.....Carolina destroys Coastal 14-5...IT is amazing how well Carolina actually plays in the Regionals compared to the rest of the season

The ACC did not fair so well today......FSU did win their game and BC is giving Texas a run for their money, but Miami took an ass whipping and so did GT. Clemson barely lost, and the only one left that hasn't started yet is the red hot Cavs of UVA

EDIT: Well Texas ended up beating BC, but it took 25 innings to do so...Kinda wonder how much Texas has left now physically and emotionally

UVA keeps there winning ways alive by shutting out 1 seed UC-Irvine

Elimination games are today....hoping for a ACC sweep

Miami, Clemson and BC are all playing to stay alive today

Edited by Tweeder, 31 May 2009 - 09:46 AM.

#36 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

I'm a little worried about Alex White though. His last two outings haven't been that great, to say the least.

BTW, how about that 25 inning marathon between BC and Texas? I actually felt a little sorry for BC, since they had to play the early game today after going until almost 2:30 this morinig. Man, that's a tough break.

Edit...I didn't get to see any of White's last game, so I didn't know about the blister and the hamstring tweak when I posted this, but he had a rough outing in his previous game too, so I'm still a little concerned that he may have lost a little bit of confidence. Hopefully, I'm wrong though.

Edited by monstercat, 01 June 2009 - 02:51 PM.

#37 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 06:24 AM

So Carolina, UVA and FSU clinch a spot in the Super Regionals

FSU was the most impressive by winning by the score of 37-6

Now true elimination games are at hand with Clemson and GT....Miami and BC have been eliminated, BC pretty much had the cards stacked against them yesterday though

#38 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

That FSU game was absolutely insane.

The pony league team that I played on years ago pretty much had a monopoly on the local talent and many of our games were stopped in the 5th inning because we would be winning something like 25-3, but we never put up that many runs that early in a game.

#39 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

behind the arm of Adam Warren the Tar Heels advance to their 4th straight visit to Omaha for the CWS. It looks like they will be facing a very powerful Arizona St team.

The other ACC teams

Virginia made it
FSU was upset after looking so dominate in the Regionals
Clemson of course got beat by ASU

The stage is almost set, Big game tonight between #1 overall Texas vs. TCU elimination game. It would be a huge upset if TCU beats them tonight.

Biggest upset so far was Southern Miss beating Florida

Here are 7 of the 8 teams in

UNC
Arizona St

Southern Miss
Texas

Virginia
LSU

UC Fullerton
Arkansas

and this will be how they are matchup in Omaha

Edited by Tweeder, 09 June 2009 - 05:28 AM.

#40 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

I was amazed to learn that UNC is the first ACC school in history to play in a bowl game, the final 4, and go to the CWS, all in the same season. People are really gonna hate us now.

BTW, I was happy to see Alex White get his groove back. They will need him to be on his game to have any chance of winning the CWS.

#41 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:43 PM

I was amazed to learn that UNC is the first ACC school in history to play in a bowl game, the final 4, and go to the CWS, all in the same season. People are really gonna hate us now.

BTW, I was happy to see Alex White get his groove back. They will need him to be on his game to have any chance of winning the CWS.

That is pretty impressive. Even though I hate to admit that.

#42 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

They had to be cheating.

#43 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

They had to be cheating.

You are welcome for the compliment regarding Carolina.

#44 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Duke does it sometime in the next few years too. Their football and baseball programs seem to be on the rise right now.

#45 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Duke does it sometime in the next few years too. Their football and baseball programs seem to be on the rise right now.

I'd be beyond surprise...I'd be shocked. Dook football will never have the talent and depth (DEPTH) to do more than win 4 or 5 games a season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.