Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heyyall

We Have No Pass-Rush Or Secondary

186 posts in this topic

And waste a freakin draft pick on an offensive player. WTF!

True. I mean, when you have Cam Newton and great RBs....who cares about protecting them and opening up holes. I am sure we got better when we cut Wharton, the average at best G will have will randomly get better, not worse....and Otah is a rock of stability. Bringing a flexible and talented G/RT was indeed silly

True. I mean, when you have Cam Newton and great RBs....who cares about protecting them and opening up holes. I am sure we got better when we cut Wharton, the average at best G will have will randomly get better, not worse....and Otah is a rock of stability. Bringing a flexible and talented G/RT was indeed silly

Our offense puts enough points to win. Our defense sucks.

Our offense puts enough points to win. Our defense sucks.

Again, explain how losing an anchor of your OL for years in Wharton makes you not worse

Explain how average at best Gs like Hangartner aren't going to get steadily worse each year

How you going to put points up with no holes and opponents in the backfield

Hell, Gantt has the best info and take on Carolina and he had us drafting a G at 9.....it is a need

Well at least it should bot be as bad as last year unless Gamble goes down and the we are screwed.We should have picked up a cb in FA

Again, explain how losing an anchor of your OL for years in Wharton makes you not worse

Explain how average at best Gs like Hangartner aren't going to get steadily worse each year

How you going to put points up with no holes and opponents in the backfield

Hell, Gantt has the best info and take on Carolina and he had us drafting a G at 9.....it is a need

Just my opinion. And i appreciate yours. Just seems to me, the offense was playoff worthy last season. Other teams seamed to score at will against the D. My opinion was to fix the D. I rember when the Panthers had a defense that kept a sorry ass O in the game. I liked that. I just wonder what this team could do if they had a worthy d.

how is that? our #1 need was QB

most ppl thought Cam was NOT BPA

Most people are uninformed due to not being a paid scout and/or GM for the Panthers.

The biggest need was DT, evidenced by drafting two of them in the 3rd last year. And btw that was two picks drafted based on need. How'd those pick turn out in your opinion? I'm still hopeful for those two but its another case of where Hurney drafted based on draft and theirs a good chance it comes back to but them in the ass.

Most people are uninformed due to not being a paid scout and/or GM for the Panthers.

The biggest need was DT, evidenced by drafting two of them in the 3rd last year. And btw that was two picks drafted based on need. How'd those pick turn out in your opinion? I'm still hopeful for those two but its another case of where Hurney drafted based on draft and theirs a good chance it comes back to but them in the ass.

so you're saying that last year we needed a DT worse than we needed a QB?

COME ON MAN!!

lol .. you must be joking

remember our record with our former QB's?

I assure you our "worse record in the league" was not due to lack of DT talent

come on now .. stop playin'

hopefully those 2 issues will be addressed today.

The Panthers have many needs, and can't address all of them in the draft. D-line, LB, CB, WR, and O-line are all needs for this team, and the Panthers addressed two of them so far.

LB was a major need.....due to injury of Thomas Davis. Great guy & player when healthy, but no way they can rely on him to be an every down player. And outside of Davis, Beason, and Anderson, there are no other LB starters on this team.

O-line = I guess many forgot the Panthers released Wharton. Wharton was a good LG for this team for many years. They need a quality replacement....and this Silatolu guy is slated to play LG. But I think the Panthers are looking for him to be LT after Gross is done as that is the position he played in college. And Gross will be 32 in July.

Everyone knows the Panthers need to upgrade the d-line, and need a better pass rush, but they aren't done yet. And I'm assuming the d-line players available at 9 & 40 were not the right fit or talent to fill the need.

so you're saying that last year we needed a DT worse than we needed a QB?

COME ON MAN!!

lol .. you must be joking

remember our record with our former QB's?

I assure you our "worse record in the league" was not due to lack of DT talent

come on now .. stop playin'

I think you are forgetting the mentality of this team before Newton. Fox and Hurney didn't believe in drafting a QB in the first round. Good or bad they had their QB in Clausen from the previous draft. DT was absolutely bare. Rivera walked in with no DT. He held off judgement on Clausen due to the situation with Fox. It was very possible they went with the biggest need at that time which would have been DT based on Hurneys history and stated philosophy.

I thought they would draft defense sign defense and trade for defense and hope a Clausen lead offense wouldn't lose the defense games ala Fox ball. Instead they drafted the BPA in Newton traded for and signed two top end TEs and brought back Hangartner for the Oline. The biggest needs for the defensive minded Panthers were on the defensive side of the ball.