#91 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

CJ, Hardy, Applewhite, Beason, Kuechly.
Gamble, Captain, Hogan, Butler.

If that aint pass rush and secondary than you're stupid as fug!

Don't know if serious or sarcastic.

#92 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I don't have a problem if fans want to critize the FO for not addressing positions via FA. And alot of the W-L comments about Hurney are relavent. But if you are mad about not drafting for need then I have a hard time respecting that.

I heard a GM say this past offseason that you draft BPA in the draft and fill the holes via FA the next offseason. That's why last year was so interesting with FA because it was completely different than what usually happens.

Some of you have already written off many players on this team. It's sad because there are some talented kids on this roster that need time to develope. I remember a time when people wanted Charles Johnson and James Anderson cut and replaced by other draft picks.

I can't speak for everyone but for those of you who are hating this draft, I will try my best to respect you and your opinions but you have to do the same for those of us who like the draft so far and willing to give more time for players to develope.

#93 heyyall

heyyall

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

And for all that we have 2 starter out of this draft that might not be true.

http://espn.go.com/b...e-with-silatolu

Lol

#94 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,085 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

And for all that we have 2 starter out of this draft that might not be true.

http://espn.go.com/b...e-with-silatolu

Aren't you the one who claimed the Patriots drafted 3 10 yr starters with there first 3....yet you are unsure of the potential of our players

#95 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

The thing most people forget is that last year rivers stated that wins and losses were not the main focus. He repeated that all he was asking of this team was to play hard and compete. We did both of those things very well and no one can deny that. Eliminate or limit the injuries and let the coaching staff put in their full scheme and we are in goooood shape. This team is still the same team that every panther fan projected to be a perenial player. I have the utmost respect for our coaches and our talent. We added pieces to our super bowl puzzle. Now let's put it together.

#96 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, because we really need some more rookies starting on the defensive line. That worked out so well last year.

Yeah, lets keep the same guys. They are only a notch away from being elite.

#97 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

I agree with op. None of our draft picks fix any of our biggest issues from last year. You don't have to be a nfl gm to see a botched draft.

So, the revolving door at LBer wasn't a big issue from last year?

TD is gone, and Beason may still not be ready to start the season.

Not to mention, our interior line was almost literally a revolving door itself.

#98 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

Is the draft over?? I thought we had several more picks.

#99 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

I don't have a problem if fans want to critize the FO for not addressing positions via FA. And alot of the W-L comments about Hurney are relavent. But if you are mad about not drafting for need then I have a hard time respecting that.

I heard a GM say this past offseason that you draft BPA in the draft and fill the holes via FA the next offseason. That's why last year was so interesting with FA because it was completely different than what usually happens.

Some of you have already written off many players on this team. It's sad because there are some talented kids on this roster that need time to develope. I remember a time when people wanted Charles Johnson and James Anderson cut and replaced by other draft picks.

I can't speak for everyone but for those of you who are hating this draft, I will try my best to respect you and your opinions but you have to do the same for those of us who like the draft so far and willing to give more time for players to develope.

I remember people wanting Anderson and Johnson to be given a chance. Especailly Johnson. He was beastly.

#100 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

For those saying this is a "Hurney Draft"

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP

Panthers did not trade up in the third round although Ron Rivera had been egging on Marty Hurney to "work his magic."

Oh course this was going to happen. Hurney makes the final call. That is why he is the GM. Ron is the HC. Ron has no power in what goes on with the players we get from FA and the draft. All Ron can do is suggest and give his opinion on who might best fit their game plan. The rest is up to Hurney.

#101 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I greatly disagree,You mean to tell me brockers,cox, and poe are no better than fua and mcclain? I would give you credit if you can name 4 plays each where they even flashed ability. I understand Dts take a while to develope but if you are a nfl caliber starter,I exspect you to atleast flash. Give the team areason to believe in you. Hogan gets a pass due to injury but beyond him and cam its hard to put much faith in anyone else in last years class sir.

Considering that 60% of first round DT's bust, it is a crapshoot.

Rivera really likes our young DT's and he knows great defenses. I trust him on defense.

#102 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Didn't we sign Pollack and trade for bruce cambell? Otah is still on the roster, Td is still on the roster with a reduced contract. beason said he's ready and looked great training. A torn achilles isn't as bad as a acl. The offense was top 5 so lets go work on that alittle more and ignore the need along the line and CB which was the reason we were drafting at 9.

#103 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,966 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Considering that 60% of first round DT's bust, it is a crapshoot.

Rivera really likes our young DT's and he knows great defenses. I trust him on defense.

To quote Steve Smith everyone want's to win the lottery but no one wants to buy a ticket. You have to be in it to win it.

#104 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Oh look it is TD and Beason doctor. How are you doing. When did you join our forum. Please tell me what give you the idea that TD is gone and Beason is not going to be ready for the season. Beason and the team doctors and God himself will decide that. Unless you are God or the doctor. You don't have no idea what will happen with TD or beason and this point. Beason done showed he is nearing full recovery. Far TD goes. We have not seen much info on him yet. But this is the offseason. I'm sure both of them will be at OTAs and min camp slowly getting back in to game shape. Stop been so neg. dude. Just have faith and hope for the best for them.

#105 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:22 PM

I remember people wanting Anderson and Johnson to be given a chance. Especailly Johnson. He was beastly.

Majority of this board wanted Johnson gone when he couldn't beat out Brayton in 2008. Anderson seemed to be on the Huddle chopping block from his first season when he didn't step in and replace Spoon right off the bat.

With that said not all pan out. Some are given time and just never take that next step. But you can't give up after one year if they are progressing and working hard on and off the field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.