186 replies to this topic

#121 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,637 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

people poo their pants and slit their wrists over the draft every year on this board.

#122 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Completely agree. Some people over think things. This playing it safe crap is sickening. You cannot win a super bowl going bpa every single pick. You end up with 3 first round rbs 2 first round qbs and so on. When do you address the problems with your team???

Naw its only 3 first round LBers, and first round 2 RB's. I hear D-Will is getting a little old. We may need to replace him soon.

#123 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

people poo their pants and slit their wrists over the draft every year on this board.

I can see why this looks like overeaction to you. I've been on the other side I know. We are talking about the last seven years of first round picks. In a vacuum each pick doesn't look bad but together you are gimping the team by not building more important areas like pass rushers, and corners, while tying up premium resources like first round picks on negilble positions while tying up a lot of money in those postions also. It is stupid to build the team that way. Elite QB, Elite Pass rush wins.

#124 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Don't feed the troll, she might go into diabetic shock

#125 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

You have the balls to put Captain on a that list and call somebody else stupid? REALLY!!!

Wow!! You again

#126 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

All the picks this year will probably be starters.

#127 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,923 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Those people who talk poo about who we draft are morons. Rivera isn't stupid, he's put together great defensive squads in the past with barely any talent! now that the man has the opportunity to fabricate an entire team, let the man do what he does best. If yall really want to draft a Darius Butler 2.0 in the 2nd round then be my guest and go play madden. We already have a Darius butler who has the skills to be good under Rivera

Those that are adept enough see that our defense isn't in that bad of shape

#128 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#129 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

I guess we see things differently. 2008 Brayton played well so noone cared, but noone wanted Johnson gone, not really. 2009 Majority of board wanted him to start over Brayton.

There were probably 50 threads addressing how Johnson was nothing more than a rotational DE and we needed to trade up and draft Derek Harvey. The tide started to turn in 2009.

I didn't see it that way. It's the way the majority of the board felt.

#130 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,637 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

i distinctly remember people shitting on james anderson and charles johnson here. also a healthy contingent who didn't like the beason pick because we were supposed to select greg olsen that draft, he was undersized, injury prone, another glassjaw like morgan, etc.

i don't listen or care anymore. i watch the highlight videos and wait for training camp and the subsequent reports.

#131 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Those people who talk poo about who we draft are morons. Rivera isn't stupid, he's put together great defensive squads in the past with barely any talent! now that the man has the opportunity to fabricate an entire team, let the man do what he does best. If yall really want to draft a Darius Butler 2.0 in the 2nd round then be my guest and go play madden. We already have a Darius butler who has the skills to be good under Rivera

Those that are adept enough see that our defense isn't in that bad of shape

I'm excited as fug about Rivera .. but he's only been through one "real" draft

No one knows how he will be viewed as a coach 10 years from now

that being said .. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now

#132 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

i could have swore before the draft everyone was screaming that we needed d help especially at dt and cb. most where arguing over who the best dt was. now that we pick a MLB and a OG as our top two picks, did those needs disappear?

i also think it is a little silly to think that just another year of exp will vault the panthers d over the top. if that is the case every d should get better. not just the panthers.

#133 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

In Rivera you trust.

I remember John Fox being treated the same way at one point.

#134 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,753 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Our secondary isn't as bad as many feel it is.
I've said this for months.

There will be a pass rush.

The picks have addressed two pretty big needs.
No matter how much ya like Davis and beason,
We needed to add a linebacker. We got the best lb in the draft. we got a mauler of a guard that can compete for a starter spot immediately.

For those that felt getting a cb in the first two rounds was a must.....then yes, over reaction is the typical response.

#135 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

na .. we drafted Cam cause we needed a QB .. wouldn't have happened if we had a decent QB

so I would argue we DID draft based on need

They drafted a need, yes but they didn't draft based on need. If that was the case the pick would have been Dareus.

Drafting BPA doesn't mean you draft a position you are set at just because the player is BPA. And on this team there are only three positions that are set (QB, RB and C). After that there are a lot of areas that could use help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com