Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Carolina Panthers Draft Frank Alexander De

217 posts in this topic

Can we wait to see the guy play before we call it a waste of picks?

Not sure if this has been said yet. Why is he considered a tweener at 6'4", 270? Does everyone think CJ is a tweener? Alexander hasn't even been in a NFL weight program yet.

On the surface I do not like he traded a 3rd and on the surface he did not upgrade the position.

He is bigger than CJ, just stop haha. DE's should be 6'4, CJ is an exception at 6'2.

#1 WRs shouldn't be 5-9...

He fits Rivera's mold and he's explosive. Albeit not the same pedigree as some of the DEs we grabbed in the draft under Fox's regime through Hurney.

I think McDermott is going to like blitzing this guy

He has a very nice first burst without relying just on rushing to the outside of the tackle...and he has a nose for the ball even if he's not the one causing the turnover.

Strips the ball really well.

BFKittyMan ihad the same revelation after watchn his vids. He wraps up with the quickness and seems to have a beast mode gear. I think we absolutely robbed the bank with this pick.

Me too. After seeing the vids, I'm pumped. Dude seems relentless.

Lombardi just said we got a gem and did a great job in the 4th round with Alexander on Path to the Draft Rewind.

Dude definitely has a relentless drive! Hands up every pass and steady driving. In the Reiff vs OU highlights you can see he was double teamed quite a bit! He made the TE look stupid the few times they matched up. I'm liking this pick alot and Hardy has some serious competition.

This guy looks like someone who can come in and work into the rotation right away. He is a very good pickup at this point. Anyone who has been asking for a pass rush just got one in Alexander. He may end up being a great pick down the road. He may need to work on his run defense but for a situational pass rusher he seems excellent value for what we gave up.

On the surface I do not like he traded a 3rd and on the surface he did not upgrade the position.

Good thing there's also stuff below the surface. Hopefully Frank has some good stuff and we'll look back and consider this pick a steal.

i'm at the point where i really wish Hurney would have traded up for Pickles like he tried and tried to do. He probably wouldn't be here right now.