171 replies to this topic

#136 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Bye bye Armanti Edwards

very true ......i'd mention a few more names but i don't want to start a riot! but i will say people here have already placed the starters and one isn't officially proven even though he's not a rookie! this guy looks like the future, OUR 2ND OR 3RD WR, and a "right now" guy! P.S., B.L. is safe imo!

#137 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I like how he bounces around off everyone like every play. haha

#138 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

I think we're gonna use him like the Vikings use Percy Harvin, probably use him in the run game, screens, slot and of course PR.

#139 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Steve Smith and Joe Adams have the same 10 yard split

#140 arc

arc

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Locationin orbit

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'm still gushing over this pick haha

Can't believe we actually got him

#141 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,633 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think we're gonna use him like the Vikings use Percy Harvin, probably use him in the run game, screens, slot and of course PR.

I definitely see us using him in this way. Just get him in space and motion and the defense is in trouble.

#142 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,452 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

I definitely see us using him in this way. Just get him in space and motion and the defense is in trouble.

The possibilities of this offense are truly limitless.

#143 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

he breaks the first tackle most of the time, and pr you have to make somebody miss.

#144 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,536 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Drop Clausen keep Edwards.

#145 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

Some people are not track stars. Game speed is much quicker.

Technically him a Kuechly would be the same speed lol which is just not possible.

#146 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Kinda like the Saints use to use Reggie Bush. This kid has enough energy to be the ultimate decoy on every running play.

#147 carolina razorback

carolina razorback

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLake Norman

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

Of course I love this pick. I can't wait to see him in action. Hopefully he does very well.

#148 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Drop Clausen keep Edwards.

Was just thinking this. Why hold up Jimmy's career? Let the guy compete for a starting spot somewhere. He doesn't deserve to be buried on a roster.

#149 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

the one thing that worries me is the mild stroke adams had a couple years back.

#150 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Strengths: Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top-speed in a hurry. Has rare suddenness with lightning footwork to create in tight areas with elusive shiftiness and change of direction skills -- tough to contain in space with make-you-miss ability. Has top-shelf balance and with lower body strength to power through arm tackles. Has very good vision to set up his moves with impressive run-after-the-catch ability -- makes something out of nothing. Has a flexible frame with good body control. Plays fast and has an eye for the big play. An impact return man with a 15.8 career average and 5 career punt returns

for scores -- named SEC Special Teams Player of the Year in 2011 with 4 returns for touchdowns. Confident player and disciplined athlete, eating the right things and taking care of his body. Dangerous weapon with some offensive versatility -- experience lining up in the backfield and taking hand-offs (2 rush touchdowns, 1 pass score in his career). Weaknesses: Undersized with average height and a very lean frame -- marginal bulk and poor strength on his body. Smaller target with streaky concentration and ballskills -- only average hands and battles drops. Inconsistent on passes away from his frame and has too many body catches. Searches too much for the home run and doesn't simply take what's there -- routinely dances and goes side-to-side and backwards, resulting in negative yardage. Needs to refine his routes and become a better all-around receiver -- lacks polish. Has some ball security concerns and needs to hold onto the ball through contact. Talks too much on the field and has had to be restrained by teammates in the past. H as some durability concerns because of his size and suffered a mild stroke in 2009, something that needs to be monitored. NFL Comparison: Jerel Jernigan, New York Giants -- Dane Brugler

http://www.cbssports...players/1632223

At the 0:53 mark they run a screen perfect for Barner

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com