4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

i think your buddy is mistaken.....

Hey man like I said, the guy knows him and has strong ties to the program. The other guy plays in the NFL.

The NFL guy said he has the talent and ability to play in the league.

Both just think he's an asshole.

Lots of talented, famous people are assholes in real life.

#32 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

I've mentioned before that I know two people that both played on the Coastal Carolina FB team and one of which I talk to almost daily. This is the same guy who I asked about Mike Tolbert coming here and he told me that it was extremely likely.

I just texted him about Josh Norman, and he is not a fan of the guy. He said he is "thug" and "very selfish player"

He also said if Norman starts for us week 1 we are in serious trouble.

I know that on paper it looks like a great pick and a lot of the analyst love the pick based on value. However, 2 months ago a lot mock drafts had him as a solid 2nd round selection and he took a big dive being drafted in the 5th round.

Again, this is from my friend who did not play w/ Norman at Coastal but still has strong ties to the program. So take this with a grain of salt because maybe Norman snubbed him or something at a banquet that he didn't mention and he's just butt hurt. I should also mention that I asked another guy who played at Coastal and is now in the NFL and he said that Norman is a good player but is a douche.

I'm not pulling an NJP and trying to break any inside info to anyone, I'm just telling you what I know from a person who knows Coastal Carolina FB inside and out and started on the team.

Honestly I hope that your friend is right. I hope that the reason he dropped to the 5th round wasn't because he lacks physical/football talent, but because teams were scared off by his thuggish/me-first attitude. I can work with that.

#33 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,516 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, pepper, nutmeg, all the spices available in the cupboard.

#34 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Honestly I hope that your friend is right. I hope that the reason he dropped to the 5th round wasn't because he lacks physical/football talent, but because teams were scared off by his thuggish/me-first attitude. I can work with that.

Yeah I should of clarified for the many teenagers on this board.

Both said he could play in the NFL but has an attitude problem. Me first, team second. Selfish.

My friend called him a "thug" but a thug is such a vague word now that his interpretation and mine could be different things.

#35 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,191 posts

a lot of people think Steve Smith is a douche too

#36 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt, pepper, nutmeg, all the spices available in the cupboard.

as you should.

#37 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

a lot of people think Steve Smith is a douche too

Uh, he most certainly is a 100% douche bag off the field. Ask anyone who has tried to talk to him IRL.

But when he plays on Sundays I love the guy!

#38 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,191 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Uh, he most certainly is a 100% douche bag off the field. Ask anyone who has tried to talk to him IRL.

But when he plays on Sundays I love the guy!

that's my point, at the end of the day there is a reason these guys are in the NFL, sometimes its a cocky attitude that may make them an asshole, but at the same time a great player. Nothing against you, or your source. Just saying

#39 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Who knows but from the vids I have seen of him he seems pretty cool.

#40 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I only see 4 players from CC in the NFL.

Simpson, Jerome (2008 - 2010) 
Teal, Quinton (2007 - 2010) 
Thigpen, Tyler (2007 - 2010) 
Tolbert, Mike (2008 - 2010) 

Since you spoke to this person about Tolbert, would narrow it to 3 possibles. I would guess Quinton Teal since he's the only DB on the list, or possibly Thigpen.

#41 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

yea I think hes a good guy.....no evidence to say hes not, especially not going to take tylers word for it

#42 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,970 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Norman probably fuged every girl at CC. I'm sure dudes are mad.

#43 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

that's my point, at the end of the day there is a reason these guys are in the NFL, sometimes its a cocky attitude that may make them an asshole, but at the same time a great player. Nothing against you, or your source. Just saying

Sometimes it takes that kind of attitude to succeed on the outside, Smitty, Moss, TO, Sanders, Revis. Guys like this are confident assholes who do not believe they can be beaten in one on one match-ups, rubs some people the wrong way, but these guys are a different breed.

#44 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'm loving the pick, personally. Just relaying what I heard from a good friend. Either way with him and Mike Tolbert coming to town, it looks like MrTouchdown could be getting a pretty damn good ticket hookup from Coastal Carolina Football!

Wes Bunting (National Football Post) on the Norman selection:

I thought Coastal Carolina CB Josh Norman was a top-60 type talent. He displays a great feel in converge, wastes little motion when asked to click and close, and possesses a big frame. There were some character concerns attached to his name that likely caused him to fall, but if he can overcome those inconsistencies, Norman very well could develop into a starter for the Panthers before long

#45 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Norman probably fuged every girl at CC. I'm sure dudes are mad.

They got some bad ass girls there too. I think one of the finalist from American Idol this year went to Coastal.

I mean it's a nice college in fuging Myrtle Beach. Hot ass girls walking around left and right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.