Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Draft Brad Nortman, Punter, Wisconsin

147 posts in this topic

Posted

If he doesn't suck it's whatever, I just don't see how "we took the BPA filling a need" route is the case here.

BPA is based on your board...not the experts boards.

Not sure why they liked this kid more. But apparently they did.

Posted

Holy crap he plays linebacker too? This may be the best pick in the history of picks! To the bench with you Jon Beason... Brad Nortman is a fuggin BAWS!

2 people like this

Posted

Idk about the other Ps we passed up but Nortman can hold well apparently. I'd like it if he could boom kickoffs, but I thought others were better at that.

Posted

Better this than drafting one in the third like the jags :)

Posted

I heard he was a thug.

Posted

I just don't like it when people look at kickers/punters and say "oh we have one, we're good." That attitude got us Baker for 7 seasons. Hopefully Nortman is an upgrade.

Posted

Better this than drafting one in the third like the jags :)

This

Posted

What the hell guys?! Our FO knows that they're doing, c'mon now. Other teams should just line up and take notes of our awesome drafting prowess. BradNortman4Lyfe!

Posted

So they picked a play they liked more over the one you liked.

Time to freak out everyone. Our FO has no idea what they're doing because they picked the wrong punter.

Posted

If he can kickoff, it could open the possibility of getting a better kicker to replace Mare no matter if that kicker can kickoff or not.

Umm hello, Olindo Mare is pretty much the best kicker to ever walk the face of the planet otherwise our FO never would have signed him. Hurney knows talent when he sees it, you guys just need to shut the hell up and be thankful of our awesome FO.

1 person likes this

Posted

What everyone needs to understand is, Butler might be undrafted and we can bring him in for competition if he is undrafted.

Posted

At first I thought it was annoying but your passive agressive sarcasm because the draft didn't go the way it wanted is hilarious RnR

1 person likes this