#106 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,757 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

It's not stupid, I put more emphasis into who our punter is than most and I realize that. If that's who they wanted all along great. He gets his shot. I just have some reservations is all. Punter is more important than many on here think. Just because you don't punt on Madden doesn't mean in real life it's not a major spot. Regardless, I recognize every pick is a crapshoot.

#107 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

No I know it's important. Special teams is very important and I know that having a good punter will work wonders for our team. So I'm hoping Nortman does a great job.

With that said; I don't know who's better. Butler might be better. I can't say for sure because I've never saw either one of them kick. But I'm trusting Ron and the scouting teams evaluation. If they feel like his hangtime is great and he'll be more helpful to our team than Butler, than I'll go with that.

But if Nortman ends up falling on his ass and just being damn terrible, I'll cal both him and the Coach out. But for right now I'm just going to trust that Ron's doing what he thinks is best for our team.

And fwiw I punt all the time in madden because I am terrible.

#108 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • 4,757 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

It's not a bad thing to punt in Madden but I keep our roster up-to-date so for the last few weeks the only kicker/punter I've had is Mare, so if I stall at midfield it's only a touchback if it gets downed.

#109 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,432 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Without the "the FO knows more, canned insult, canned insult" response, explain why you choose someone who isn't as good as other punters available. Genuine question. I'm not the only one posing it.

you have to ask the person doing the drafting..

and I rarely punt in Madden.. talkin' mad skillz yo...

#110 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,277 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

You mean they researched the pick and didn't choose the guy at random?

I feel lied to.

Are you making fun of me?

Well, I was just reporting what Rivera said to Brandt. if you think that was a stupid thing to say, tell him.

#111 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

Are you making fun of me?

Well, I was just reporting what Rivera said to Brandt. if you think that was a stupid thing to say, tell him.

Nope.

I was trying to make a point to others that they didn't just draw this guys name from a hat and was using your info that they tracked his hang time to do it.

Sorry for any confusion there.

#112 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,277 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

OK, Sloth, thanks.

#113 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,086 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

lol @ rocknrolla going chernobyl over a punter who was chosen for a legitimate statistic that makes his value calculable as opposed to punt yardage that is an incredibly variable statistic. someone needs to slap this chucklefug with a ban.

#114 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

rocknrolla is doing such a good catsgrowl impressiontroll you guys don't realize he's trolling.

#115 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

He's not wrong though. The "trust Hurney he is smarter than us" blind faith argument is really weak.

Actually, it isn't. They are paid to evaluate talent because they are good at it. There is a reason they are paid big money to do this and all of us are posting on a message board.

#116 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

This is the only picked I called lol.

#117 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Actually, it isn't. They are paid to evaluate talent because they are good at it. There is a reason they are paid big money to do this and all of us are posting on a message board.

While that is logical to side on the side with expertise, it is also illogical to discount others opinions just because they dont get paid to do it. It is also illogical to assume the pick is right just because the guy has expertise, especially since the guy in question has 3 of 11 winning seasons.

If we are going to say, if you are not a scout/gm then I'm sure most people saying "Great pick Pro Bowl" falls inline with not knowing what you are talking about, because you do not have the expertise to back up Hurney's expertise. Its like saying I don't know what I'm talking about but since you are smarter than me and get paid to do it Good pick!

Others have said the Koocy pick was bad because because of positional value. The teams is already heavily invested in LBer, RB which causes us to lose out in investing in QB, OT, WR, CB, DT, Pass rusher. That is why this team is poorly built, and 3 of 11 proved that. We invest in the wrong positions.

Don't come at me when Koocy has 100 tackles at the end of the season. That isn't why it was a bad pick.

#118 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

While that is logical to side on the side with expertise, it is also illogical to discount others opinions just because they dont get paid to do it. It is also illogical to assume the pick is right just because the guy has expertise, especially since the guy in question has 3 of 11 winning seasons.

If we are going to say, if you are not a scout/gm then I'm sure most people saying "Great pick Pro Bowl" falls inline with not knowing what you are talking about, because you do not have the expertise to back up Hurney's expertise. Its like saying I don't know what I'm talking about but since you are smarter than me and get paid to do it Good pick!

Others have said the Koocy pick was bad because because of positional value. The teams is already heavily invested in LBer, RB which causes us to lose out in investing in QB, OT, WR, CB, DT, Pass rusher. That is why this team is poorly built, and 3 of 11 proved that. We invest in the wrong positions.

Don't come at me when Koocy has 100 tackles at the end of the season. That isn't why it was a bad pick.

Well, all of the experts on ESPN and NFLN are raving about our draft. Casserly even called Kuechly his bet for DROY.

Davis is likely done as a starter and Beason will not likely be close to 100% this season....takes some time to get the explosiveness back. I am waiting for the board to implode when Kuechly is MLB this season and Beason moves to OLB. MLB needs sideline to sideline speed and explosiveness. Beason may have lost a step due to the injury.....that he may get back, but likely to take some time. Not saying it is going to happen, but it is a REAL possibility.

Everyone wanted a DT....but Rivera said over and over that he did not view that as a need.

We got a Top 60 rated player in CB Norman....in the 6th round.

We got a plug and play OG with a nasty streak to replace Wharton and Schwartz.

We go a dynamic PR and slot WR.

We got a rotational DE that had great production in the Big 12.

This flat out was a very good draft.

#119 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

You can draft seven probowl linebackers every year, but you aren't going to win. I've said it about ten times and noone has yet to even try to debate me on it but Elite QB play, Elite Passrush, and you are playoff Superbowl contender every year. As with everything in this league you need luck, but you wont need 13 moons to line up of luck.

Koochy being a good player is not why he was the wrong pick.

#120 haccess

haccess

Bread Loaf

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

You can draft seven probowl linebackers every year, but you aren't going to win. I've said it about ten times and noone has yet to even try to debate me on it but Elite QB play, Elite Passrush, and you are playoff Superbowl contender every year. As with everything in this league you need luck, but you wont need 13 moons to line up of luck.

Koochy being a good player is not why he was the wrong pick.

You should write Rivera a letter and explain to him how to build a defense. I'm sure he'll value your opinion about as much as the rest of us do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com