• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#121 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

You should write Rivera a letter and explain to him how to build a defense. I'm sure he'll value your opinion about as much as the rest of us do.

Thanks man, it is actually the first time someone said that to me today. I just wish I wrote it sooner with 3 of 11 winning seasons and all.

#122 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,681 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:00 PM

You can draft seven probowl linebackers every year, but you aren't going to win. I've said it about ten times and noone has yet to even try to debate me on it but Elite QB play, Elite Passrush, and you are playoff Superbowl contender every year. As with everything in this league you need luck, but you wont need 13 moons to line up of luck.

Koochy being a good player is not why he was the wrong pick.

Go look at Rivera's past TOP defenses that he built. They were ALL built around top LB play.

Guy knows how to build a defense.

#123 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Go look at Rivera's past TOP defenses that he built. They were ALL built around top LB play.

Guy knows how to build a defense.

Were those defenses good at rushing the passer. If so, that is my point.

#124 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Were those defenses good at rushing the passer. If so, that is my point.

He also knows how to build a good DL. He likes the young DT's and I am willing to give him the time to do it.

Again, the guy knows how to build a top defense.

#125 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Guess we will disagree there. You will know who to come to when they become studs, and I'll know who to come to when they are still getting psychically beaten.

#126 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,681 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Guess we will disagree there. You will know who to come to when they become studs, and I'll know who to come to when they are still getting psychically beaten.

I don't know how the DT 's will pan out. Just that Rivera's track record of building defense is stellar. I have faith in his evaluation ability.

#127 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

I don't know how the DT 's will pan out. Just that Rivera's track record of building defense is stellar. I have faith in his evaluation ability.

I don't want to go off on this tangent but this conversation has run its course.

A. Do you have any foul-proof documents/facts/proof that the relationship between Fox and Hurney, and Rivera and Hurney are any different. I see people shifting any blame off of Hurney and on to Fox, so it would be good to get some insight on that. I googled searched it but came up with nothing.

B. If the relationship is different, does it bother you that Hurney is only able to do his job because Rivera is standing next to him.

C. Not a question, but I think only so much can be pinned on Fox. It going to suck if 2013 people are saying damn you Fox.

#128 Real Emotional Trash

Real Emotional Trash

I

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:47 PM

A lot of pointless conjecture. Can't wait to see what happens, and as fans we can't really change the process or re-do the draft. Most evaluators are giving us grades of B to low As for the draft and that was without taking a DT or CB in the first four rounds.

#129 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,202 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

I don't want to go off on this tangent but this conversation has run its course.

A. Do you have any foul-proof documents/facts/proof that the relationship between Fox and Hurney, and Rivera and Hurney are any different. I see people shifting any blame off of Hurney and on to Fox, so it would be good to get some insight on that. I googled searched it but came up with nothing.

B. If the relationship is different, does it bother you that Hurney is only able to do his job because Rivera is standing next to him.

C. Not a question, but I think only so much can be pinned on Fox. It going to suck if 2013 people are saying damn you Fox.

A. You don't Google that kind of stuff, you know it by paying attention. When Fox was around he worked hand in hand with Hurney, and now that Ron is here they coordinate as well.

B. Hurney is a coach-friendly GM. He tries to find the best players that fit their schemes. Fox had a different mindset for his scheme than Rivera. It led to good players and bad ones. Hurney's best fit is as a cap manager and negotiator that picks the guys a good coach with an eye for talent wants. He now has that coach.

C. This is Rivera's club now. If things don't pan out it's on Ron.

Now get off your anti-Hurney kick and learn.

#130 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,684 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

I don't know why you guys don't just listen to everything I say. After all, I played Madden against Bill Polian once. I'll prove it soon too.

:lol:

#131 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Butler is better because people knew his name. This kid was much more consistant and kicked in an area with much worse conditions. We worked him out in 30 degree weather. He can drop kick, and pooch. He has over 30 touchbacks. Dont know if he can kickoff, but we like his consistant placement and hangtime allowing ST to get in rhythm.. no more long liners that outkick coverages.

#132 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

A. You don't Google that kind of stuff, you know it by paying attention. When Fox was around he worked hand in hand with Hurney, and now that Ron is here they coordinate as well.

B. Hurney is a coach-friendly GM. He tries to find the best players that fit their schemes. Fox had a different mindset for his scheme than Rivera. It led to good players and bad ones. Hurney's best fit is as a cap manager and negotiator that picks the guys a good coach with an eye for talent wants. He now has that coach.

C. This is Rivera's club now. If things don't pan out it's on Ron.

Now get off your anti-Hurney kick and learn.

A. Ok I am paying attention. Do you have any foul-proof documents/facts/proof/articles that show the relationship between Fox and Hurney, and Fox and Rivera? Isn't that really the same thing?

B. I guess the relationship is different , or you would not have answered this question. But you did not answer the question. You only said Hurney is a glorifed accountant. If a person can't answer a yes/no question with a yes/no, they are trying to bs you.

C. What purpose is Hurney serving then?

#133 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

I don't have a problem with Hurney at all. It isn't personal or anything. I have a problem with poorly built teams who lose. It just so happens that Hurney has built those teams. We lucked out big time on Cam. Good QB play hides a lot of issues. And to a lesser extent pass rush. But we don't need that because it isn't part of the scheme. It isn't like the Bears and Chargers had good pass rush.

#134 CarolinaCatBrigade

CarolinaCatBrigade

She likes my Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

@ FirstRoundPick

You're a complete moron if you know more about NFL talent than Rivera and Hurney. Shut up already.

#135 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

@ FirstRoundPick

You're a complete moron if you know more about NFL talent than Rivera and Hurney. Shut up already.

You wanna debate good. You wanna throw out insults great. Just don't think you are doing anything that hasn't been done 10 times already.

Your post comes off as I disagree with this guy he is a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com