Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In The First Round Of The 2013 Draft The Panthers Select?

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't know about the player, but barring injury I will bet we talk about needing pass rushers and coverage help and a good DT.

Posted

Unless something changes, Amerson will be going in the Top 10. Hopefully we aren't in a position to draft him.

Yah. If Amerson come out nxt year, he will def be graded higher than Claiborne and PP7 imo. Im hoping that we wont be in a position to draft him also but if we could move up like how the Cowboys did for Claiborne, im all up for it. I would not mind investing a few picks for this kid. He has the size, measuable, skills, everything you look for in a true no.1 cb.

Posted

To trade up that high to get amerson we will probaly have to trade our 2nd and a 6th. This would hurt us to much to make that

trade.

Hurney has already handicaped us by trading our 3rd rounder next year. Making this trade would leave us a top 5 pick,

no 2nd or 3rd, a 4th, 5th and a 7th!!!

Thanks but no thanks

Posted

^ we are talking about Hurney here... if we trade up for Amerson, we are going to trade future picks. ;)

Posted

that corner from state or a defensive end

Posted

Would love to see Keenan Allen, we really need to draft our next number 1 wr.

Posted

Keenan Allen

or a Tackle.

RT might be a giant need next draft. (LT of the future as well)

Posted

OT- either side

Otah will get hurt again and Gross has been declining

Posted

Crap. Both the RB and the LB jokes have been taken.

Though both are sadly more possible than one might think.

Funny thing about the RB topic though..... if we can't sign JStew and there is a stud sitting at where we pick, do we consider it? Williams will be 30 next year at draft time and if there is another Deangelo type of RB that's sitting in the early 20's I could see it. That being said, I think we have a ton of directions to go in depending on this season. It will probably be BPA for CB, S, WR, OT, and maybe DT.

Posted

We need a shutdown CB. Enter Xavier Rhodes!

Or Marcus Lattimore if the value is there and J Stew is not resigned..

Posted

BPA of course. Have you guys not learned anything from this year's draft?

Posted

As a FSU fan, I'd love Xavier Rhodes, but I'm not sure about his speed...he can cover, though. Texas A&M has two OT that are good, but I think the Luke Joeckel kid is better than Jake Matthews.

And for god's sake, if we draft a DB from LSU it better be Eric Reid and not that other dude.