• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers128

Team USA Basketball Summer Olympics 2012

I just peeped the score...got damn, 83 pts?! I expected us to handle them easily, but I didn't expect a beat down like that. I guess that's to be expected when you have Ike Diogu and Al Farouq Aminu as your best players (2 NBA scrubs). Great win!

When America gets in a jam late in they call on LeBron James to save the day. King is an American hero.

ushoopweb5s-1-web.jpg

With less than six minutes remaining, Team USA was in jeopardy of a shocking loss to Lithuania in the fourth game of the preliminary round of the 2012 Olympic basketball tournament. Then, LeBron James took over. The Miami Heat star scored nine points down the stretch, and the Americans held on for a 99-94 win that was competitive throughout.

westdunk6.gif

kddeep.gif

ibdiA0eqSdwd6z.gif

After leading by just one point at halftime, 60-59, the U.S. exploded in the third quarter for 42 points. Kevin Durant scored 17 points in the quarter after LeBron James got the U.S. off to a hot start. The defense was also ratcheted up for the U.S. in the quarter and Argentina had just 17 points after scoring at least 27 in the first two frames. In the fourth quarter, the U.S. emptied their bench, as did Argentina.

Durant, who was 8-of-10 from behind the arc, led all scorers with 28 points. LeBron James had 18 points. Kevin Love, Kobe Bryant, Andre Iguodala and Chris Paul all reached double figures in scoring. Manu Ginobili had 16 points (all in the first half) to lead Argentina in scoring.

The U.S. won Group A with a 5-0 record and will move on to play Australia in the quarterfinals on Aug. 8. Australia finished Group B play with a 3-2 record.

melo.gif

Stay classy Argentina! :angry:

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HeyMsCarter

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts