Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team USA Basketball Summer Olympics 2012

161 posts in this topic

Posted

I think this USA is very good on paper, but its a different story when you play. Go figure a team full of the worlds best live and die by defense and the 3 pt arc. Whos the coach again? Oh yeah..

Posted

Posted

Its kind of hard to compare because the Dream Team wasnt really built as the best team possible, it was more of a publicity thing with all the big names because they didnt have to worry about the other teams actually challenging them. Thats the only reason Magic and Bird were in the lineup.

Now if you are talking a lineup of

Isiah

MJ

Pippen

Malone

Robinson

Daaamn, thats a team thats a hell of a lot harder to matchup with than the actual Dream Team lineup

Posted

You also have to consider this 2012 Team has injuries and some of our absolute best aren't playing.

Our lineup (HEALTHY) could've been...

Billups

Bryant

James

Bosh

Howard

bench:

PG-Paul, Williams

SG-Wade,

SF-Durant,

PF-Melo, Love

C-Chandler

I think that squad would make a good game against Dream Team 1 if coached properly to play uptempo and utilize their versatility and mismatches.

Posted

Really? Chauncey Billups?

His time has come and gone in the olympics, no way in hell he would have made it.

This would have been the roster

PG- Derrick Rose, Chris Paul, Deron Williams

SG- Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade

SF- LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony

PF- Chris Bosh, LaMarcus Aldridge

C- Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler

Posted

Chauncey can still play. He would've made a good elder statesman on this team. I don't like Rose's game in the olympics. Rather have Billups poise and leadership.

Posted

If you're trying to match up with the Dream Team, I think you'd be better off playing to your strengths- namely athleticism. I would do something like this

Paul

Kobe

Durant

Lebron

Dwight

Wade, Bosh, Melo, Deron, and Chandler filling out the rotation

Posted

Kobe is there for leadership.

Rose has developed a good shot and his ability to get to the rim is something that international point guards can't cope with.

Posted

How is Mullen killing it and summer league and wouldn't play for Great Britain bc of an injured foot or something.

Great Britain could've use Gordon and Mullens vs team US .

Posted

I never knew Ben Gordon was from London til now.

Posted

Pissed off I missed this one, but it looks like Team USA dominated through and through.

Posted

uhh, it already came on ESPN2 earlier live. USA smashed GB. D Will and Melo were the high scorers.