160 replies to this topic

#151 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Another reason why many people don't respect basketball anymore.

Why?

#152 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

LONDON -- Australian fans like to chant “Oi! Oi! Oi!’’ at their sporting events, but it was American fans probably thinking “Oy!’’ as the second half of the Olympic men’s basketball semifinal got underway late Wednesday night at the North Greenwich Arena. The Aussies reeled off an 11-0 run to close to within three points of the U.S. collection of NBA megastars.

For the third game in a row, Team USA allowed an underdog opponent to get dangerously close. And, once again, the Americans ratcheted it up a notch (or two) when they had to and advanced to Friday’s semifinal with a 119-86 victory.

Kobe Bryant came alive with 20 second-half points after a scoreless first half, hitting three three-pointers in a row to open up a 105-80 lead. LeBron James recorded a triple-double — 11 points, 14 rebounds (11 defensive), and 11 assists. Carmelo Anthony added 17 points, Deron Williams had 18, and Kevin Durant scored 14.

The U.S. will play Argentina, a rematch of Monday’s final group-play game, which Team USA won 126-97 after leading by just one at halftime. Argentina eliminated Brazil 82-77 in the quarterfinal earlier Wednesday. Spain plays Russia in the other semifinal.

LeBron James is the first player to ever record an Olympic triple double. Oscar Robertson never did it, Jordan never did it, Magic never did it, Kobe never did it. LeBron James is maybe 20 points shy of David Robinson for all time leading scorer in US Olympic history. Meaning no player outside of the Admiral has scored more points for the red, white, & blue than #6. MVP, Finals MVP, Champion, and 2 games away from a Gold Medal. LeBron is capping one of the greatest seasons in NBA history.

Read more here: http://www.miamihera...l#storylink=cpy

#153 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

Gold!

K's last game as coach. Many thanks to him for righting the ship and placing the USA back on top of the basketball world. Hopefully his replacement will continue his success.

#154 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

LeBron and cp3 were clutch in the 4th. LeBron passed Jordan for 2nd on the all time Olympic scoring list behind David Robinson. USA brings home the Gold once again!!!!

#155 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:32 AM

Durant was huge as well.

#156 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Yeah Durant was the leading scorer this Olympics and had 30 today.

#157 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I know that anything less than gold is failure for the US in basketball (when it comes to expectations), but they earned it and deserved it, and seeing fierce rivals come together like that is always an amazing sight. Great stuff!

#158 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

doc rivers next coach plz

#159 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

“I tried to figure out how in the world I was going to play for a coach from Duke. No, I am serious. I was fresh out of college and it’s tough for me to say it with my lips, but I love that guy. I love him. Even Chris Collins and Wojo, I couldn’t stand those guys the year before. And now they’re my family for the rest of my life. It was one of the best opportunities ever to play for Coach K."
Chris Paul

#160 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Glad we were able to hold of Spain they were a good team and gave us a good test.

#161 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Durant is amazing. Congrats to that boy! What an amazing scorer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users