#2 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

You know, your quotation marks lead me to believe the grades were bad. Good to see good grades. Hah.

#3 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Everybody seems to agree that we had a pretty good draft. I love all the picks. Live the Kuechly and Adams pick. But my favorite is the josh Norman guy. Love him

#4 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:05 AM

Loved all the picks. Now we need to get a DT in free agency and we are set

#5 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

Feel free to add links to other sites.

#6 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:16 AM

Very possible we sign a Free Agent DT because we're going to lose Wharton's cap hit in June.

#7 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

Imo we stole Alexander. Adams has to improve his hands but we have two of the best in the game to help him develop with Smitty. Our new OL stud will crush fools. Kuechly is flat out a MONSTER! Great grades for a superb draft.

#8 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:36 AM

Very good grades so far...

http://aol.sportingn...ackers-steelers

http://www.cbssports...ith-smart-draft

http://www.cbssports...unk-the-weekend

Yeah...It seems many of the "experts" loved what the Panthers did in the draft. Here's hoping it translates into an even better season this year for this team.

#9 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

If you wanna use the term "expert" very losely, Kiper gave us a B overall, a C for need because we didn't take a DT and an A for value.

#10 gotsmart?

gotsmart?

Your GWU Representative

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

If you wanna use the term "expert" very losely, Kiper gave us a B overall, a C for need because we didn't take a DT and an A for value.

I hate when ppl assign grades based on need. drafting on need makes you reach for players. which means you get less value out of the ones you pick. also, listening to a lot of commentators leads me to believe that not a single one pays attention to the panthers more than to watch the highlights. all they talk about is us picking up a DT. while that was a weakness last season, it is easy to see that we are better off than last season. Ron Edwards is coming back, plus our two rookies have a year under their belt, and have a vet to rely upon now.

#11 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I think that this draft has the potential to be Hurney's best ever, as long as the wildcard Silatolu pans out.

Of course we wont know for sure until 3 years from now. 2008 looked good at first too, until Otah turned into a pansy.

#12 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

I hate when ppl assign grades based on need. drafting on need makes you reach for players. which means you get less value out of the ones you pick. also, listening to a lot of commentators leads me to believe that not a single one pays attention to the panthers more than to watch the highlights. all they talk about is us picking up a DT. while that was a weakness last season, it is easy to see that we are better off than last season. Ron Edwards is coming back, plus our two rookies have a year under their belt, and have a vet to rely upon now.

Exactly. The good franchises in this league, take the most talented players availible, and then fill holes in FA.

I think that is what we did this year.

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,663 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I agree, but the national media doesn't realize that DT wasn't even an area of need.

#14 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

There is almost always comparable players. And BPA subjective as hell anyway.

Lets say you have a team stacked with great LB's and nothing really at DT.

Prospect A LB - ranked 23rd on your big board

Prospect B DT - ranked 26th on your big board.

You take player B.

You have to draft off a combination of talent and need. You cant ignore either aspect.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

There is almost always comparable players. And BPA subjective as hell anyway.

Lets say you have a team stacked with great LB's and nothing really at DT.

Prospect A LB - ranked 23rd on your big board

Prospect B DT - ranked 26th on your big board.

You take player B.

You have to draft off a combination of talent and need. You cant ignore either aspect.

Well, we weren't stacked at LB....and the gap between Kechly and the best DT wasn't insignificant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com