#31 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I was just following suit in the bobcats forum with the fine example the "moderator" set there.

If you can't beat em join em!

PS: if I were to go and make a cute post like you did with the off color, racial jabs KT had made in the past month the thread would be 15 pages long. But you seem to have nothing better to do clown so why don't ya get on that for me! Thanks in advance, compadre!

#32 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

This poo is no win either way.

#33 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

and yet all you do is reinforce everything KT says with the kinda stuff that was quoted from you above, Mr. TD. I know fully well how frustrating it is to argue with KT and how ridiculous it is when he starts calling people a racist for disagreeing with him, but there is absolutely no reason to drop to that level. If you are in fact better than him, act like it. Again, I understand your frustration and I realize you are resorting to that because you feel nobody gives a poo about him and if he can get away with it so should everyone else, but in my opinion if you really want to get rid of his behavior, you have to be better than it in the first place.

#34 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

This poo is no win either way.

Either it is important or it isn't.

If it isn't, then we will just get more of the same the next time a disagreement occurs.

If it is, and I believe it is, then correct the problem, and move forward.

If behavior is any indicator, several individuals apparently got it into their heads somewhere along the way that racist comments are tolerated here.

Clear up any confusion they may have and let it be known, from this point forward, such behavior will be dealt with by banishment.

After that, let the chips fall where they may.

#35 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

If you want to talk serious basketball there are excellent threads right now with a break down on each Playoff series in the Bobcats forum. There are also threads on various posters favorite NBA stars.
Spending more than just a passing thought that you'd ike your Charlotte basketball team to have the name of another franchise in another city is borderline....well, never mind.

If comments or opinions of certain posters bother you just block them, and carry on with your life. No drama required.
Personally I like discussing and/or arguing topics with KT, the infamous Barry Bonds thread was a classic, no hard feelings.

#36 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

If you want to talk serious basketball there are excellent threads right now with a break down on each Playoff series in the Bobcats forum. There are also threads on various posters favorite NBA stars.
Spending more than just a passing thought that you'd ike your Charlotte basketball team to have the name of another franchise in another city is borderline....well, never mind.

If comments or opinions of certain posters bother you just block them, and carry on with your life. No drama required.
Personally I like discussing and/or arguing topics with KT, the infamous Barry Bonds thread was a classic, no hard feelings.

You are right KG.

KT has contributed a lot of good inputs to discussions on this forum and others over the years. I know that he is capable of debating an issue without all the BS.

Some individuals have and will continue to interpret the lack of response by Mods as implicit approval of this kind of behavior.

It does not reflect well on any of us.

#37 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

not sure what motivated the making of this thread but i do know KT was dead on about the racial undertone of the pre and post draft criticism of cam and it sure made people upset

#38 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

You can turn a blind eye to the problem if you like. That attitude is precisely why the problem persists on this board and in our society.

Until the Mods correct this issue, small minded people will continue to interpret the lack of response as implicit approval of their poor behavior and they would be correct to do so.

A blind eye? I had no idea I was responsible for society's problems. :P

Occasionally KT may get a little extra rope, but he has been harrassed and race baited by some of the Mods here in the past as well as infracted and banned at different times.
Sometimes race based posts dont get treated equally depending on who's skin you're talking about, I think there is still some Southern Guilt over compensation influencing decisions some times. Wish society could just move on from that.

The diverstity is one thing that makes this forum more interesting. Hey, there's a stupid poo you've heard a Yankee say thread in The Lounge right now, nobody cares.
Bottom line, this is Zod's Forum, the door is over there, we're all welcome to walk through it and never come back.

#39 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

double post

#40 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

A blind eye? I had no idea I was responsible for society's problems. :P

Occasionally KT may get a little extra rope, but he has been harrassed and race baited by some of the Mods here in the past as well as infracted and banned at different times.
Sometimes race based posts dont get treated equally depending on who's skin you're talking about, I think there is still some Southern Guilt over compensation influencing decisions some times. Wish society could just move on from that.

The diverstity is one thing that makes this forum more interesting. Hey, there's a stupid poo you've heard a Yankee say thread in The Lounge right now, nobody cares.
Bottom line, this is Zod's Forum, the door is over there, we're all welcome to walk through it and never come back.

Yeah KG, I decided I wasn't happy with the way I worded that post earlier. I didn't mean to imply you were responsible for society's problems! Ha ha.

There is a thin line between advocating for a principle and just becoming a pain in the rear. I am trying to be the former and not the latter.

I couldn't think of a less interesting forum than one where everyone has the same point of view.

Just don't think we will lose anything of value by cutting out the racial attacks (by any of us).

Enjoyed your responses. I think I have said my piece on this topic.

#41 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:08 AM

not sure what motivated the making of this thread but i do know KT was dead on about the racial undertone of the pre and post draft criticism of cam and it sure made people upset

OK I lied one more comment.

I don't doubt for a moment that some people were motivated by prejudice in their assessment of Cam last year and some of it was definitely outrageous. Given a chance Cam showed that his critics were wrong about his character, work ethic and intelligence. He demonstrated true professionalism under unbelievable pressure while dealing with those criticisms.

I think now most people will admit he has a bright future ahead of him in the NFL and may soon be considered one of the best, if not the premiere, QB in the league.

Having said that, the draft tends to be as much of an art as a science. I don't think many people could withstand the scrutiny of being under a microscope like these guys are and not have some talking heads find fault. I don't believe the majority of analysts were racially motivated as wrong as some of them eventually turned out to be.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,046 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

I think it is sad that these are the kind of posts that the MOD of the forum posts...and then locks a thread that he does not like:

"No, Im telling you, Charlotte is for white people only and should only be repped by such. Blacks have never done nothing for this city. Thats why its such a crime our team could be named after a rich black person who paid for it. The African American Cultural Center should be rebranded into a Hornets Nest Rebellion Museum. MLK Blvd should be rebranded into Bull Connor Blvd. Then it'll truly feel like ours. Teach your kids to hold a grudge with blacks when they make gains in society. Teach them thats their demise and not a benefit to our community. Teach them all the things black people own or create really belongs to them. It is their manifest destiny!"

There is ZERO place for his crap in a sports forum. This is no better than calling someong a n***** or a cracker or a sp** or a chi**. It is hateful racisim of the worst kind.

The fact that this is accepted and overlooked while other posters are threatened with being banned for calling someone an idiot is mind boggling.

That is all.

#43 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,237 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

I locked the thread.

#44 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

bum bum BUMMMM

#45 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,046 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

I locked the thread.

Understand.

But, it still does not make the comments that KT posted any less embarassing and filled with racist hate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.