Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Mark Carrier Says We Would Have Taken Barron Ahead Of Kuechly

58 posts in this topic

If this is true.................Carrier should be fired today.

We picked ninth - to pretend there were no players we would have snatched up besides Luke Keulchy is redonkulous. But hey, it's a captain obvious thing, no need to say it out loud right?

We picked ninth - to pretend there were no players we would have snatched up besides Luke Keulchy is redonkulous. But hey, it's a captain obvious thing, no need to say it out loud right?

But it looks like Carolina was counting on Tampa to draft Claiborne until they fuged it up.

I think all he revealed is how our board was laid out. Obviously our scouts had a higher rating on Barron than Kuechly. I don't think it's insane we had higher rated players, but Carrier was wrong to say this. Hurney and Richardson run a tight ship and crap like this doesn't fly.

You know who'd make a good safety? Thomas Davis.

11102010-cam-newton.jpg

Why would you say that? Seems weird to say that now.

Yeah not very good to let your #1 pick think he was our 2nd choice.

I think Kuechly has a level head and can think about it logically. I mean he was drafted at #9. Obviously there were players rated ahead of him or he would have gone #1, so he was bound to be SOMEONE'S 2nd choice. Maybe even 3rd.

oh so hurney has been lying? certainly he wouldnt

I don't think Kuechly would be upset about it much, I just don't know why a Panthers official would say things that contradict what other guys have said.

The only reason I could imagine they would take Barron ahead of Kuechly is that we have far less established talent at safety than we do at linebacker. But I doubt Luke gives the tiniest crap about something as inane as this. He's a Panther now, and he wouldn't be in the NFL if he didn't believe in his own talent.

This is a total non issue. Most motor mouths on Sirius NFL had the defensive players ranked exactly the way they come off the board. What kuechly should be focused on is that once the Tannehill pick came in it took about 20 seconds for the Panthers are on the board to their pick is in. There was never any question of taking any time to discuss any trade offer. When he fell to us, we pounced.