34 replies to this topic

#16 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:23 AM

Last year was also a rebuilding year for this team and through countless injuries UDFA's among with other players that wouldn't be on teams like the Packers and Giants rosters were able to find refuge with the Panthers.

If you think that any of these guys is more than a camp body you are highly mistaken. These guys are brought in to fill out a roster and if one pans out great but if they don't then the team has the "who cares" attitude. The players got a nice little stipend for participating and now they will move on into the next stage of their life whatever that may be.

Absolutely. I mean guys like Tramon Williams, Antonio Pierce, Ryan Grant, Shaun O'Hara, Cullen Jenkins, and Sam Shields would never have made the Packers or Giants rosters in the last 10 years and become very good players. And those are just from the Giants and Packers. I could go on. I know the odds are against them. But to count out every single guy is just stupidity. Some of the UFAs out there will make some teams, and some will be very good players for a long time. Never fails.

#17 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Absolutely. I mean guys like Tramon Williams, Antonio Pierce, Ryan Grant, Shaun O'Hara, Cullen Jenkins, and Sam Shields would never have made the Packers or Giants rosters in the last 10 years and become very good players. And those are just from the Giants and Packers. I could go on. I know the odds are against them. But to count out every single guy is just stupidity. Some of the UFAs out there will make some teams, and some will be very good players for a long time. Never fails.

Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews, Eli Manning, Hakeem Nicks, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson

Look, I can't do this all night I have things to do but. You can put your faith all you want into these guys but if they don't turn out to be great, don't get to upset.

#18 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Aaron Rogers, Clay Matthews, Eli Manning, Hakeem Nicks, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson

Look, I can't do this all night I have things to do but. You can put your faith all you want into these guys but if they don't turn out to be great, don't get to upset.

You can't fill out a team with 1st rounders, can't explain it to you, I guess you're too dense. But have fun thinking that every roster is filled with blue-chippers from the first 3 rounds of the draft. I could give you plenty of examples of 1st round busts but I'm sure that wouldn't register as evidence for you either. Can't fix stupid.

#19 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:41 AM

You can't fill out a team with 1st rounders, can't explain it to you, I guess you're too dense. But have fun thinking that every roster is filled with blue-chippers from the first 3 rounds of the draft. I could give you plenty of examples of 1st round busts but I'm sure that wouldn't register as evidence for you either. Can't fix stupid.

More roster spots are filled with drafted players than with udfa's. Can't fix ignorant.

#20 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

More roster spots are filled with drafted players than with udfa's. Can't fix ignorant.

You act like none of the UFAs even have a shot. THAT is ignorant.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

They have a better shot than you and I but that's not really something to write home about.

#22 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:02 AM

You are making a very "ignorant" argument. You just can't admit what you said earlier was rather in poor taste. To say UDFA's all suck, is poor form. Sure, they are probably not going to make a huge impact, but to make such a wide-sweeping statement is what makes you "ignorant". You have went away from your original saying of "they all suck" to, "most guys on a team are drafted". You messed up on your first statement, and that's fine. However, please stop trying to defend such a poor position...

I just quoted you to say.... You are right, this guy is dense, as you said earlier.

#23 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

Arian Foster = Best RB in the NFL right now and he was an UDFA.
Tony Romo = Damn good QB that starts and was an UDFA
James Harrison = Damn good starting LB that was an UDFA

There's plenty of stories that go both ways, but to say they all suck is just stupid.

McCarty has some major speed and agility, just a small school guy. I actually expect him to make the team as the fourth back.

#24 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Well, all I know is that I could never make even a practice squad. Yes, compared to the starters they may mostly be camp fodder. But even to make it onto a pro team's practice squad says to me they play the game better than the average gridiron warrior. Not saying they'll be eventual Pro Bowlers, but at least let's give them some credit for making it as far as they have, and let's wish them luck on going even further if they have the talent!

#25 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

You are making a very "ignorant" argument. You just can't admit what you said earlier was rather in poor taste. To say UDFA's all suck, is poor form. Sure, they are probably not going to make a huge impact, but to make such a wide-sweeping statement is what makes you "ignorant". You have went away from your original saying of "they all suck" to, "most guys on a team are drafted". You messed up on your first statement, and that's fine. However, please stop trying to defend such a poor position...

I just quoted you to say.... You are right, this guy is dense, as you said earlier.

Saying all UDFA's suck is a lot more reasonable than being convinced we are going to find a great player among them. You're on the wrong side of probability, as chances are all of these guys are terrible and will do nothing for us and he will be proven right. Give the guys a shot, fine, but stay grounded in reality.

#26 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,821 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

Stewart isn't getting traded.

#27 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

I know a guy who just signed as a UDFA and I'd you told him (or any other UDFA) they have no chance they'd tell you wrong.

The 4th round and lower prospects make a majority of NFL teams (second, third team, special teams, practice squad). They may not be top grade but definitely contribute greatly.

#28 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,960 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:10 AM

Stewart isn't getting traded.

I know this, just fannin the flamers... I never believed Stew's going anywhere even after we signed Tolbert...

So much for it being fuggin pinned to the fuggin front page, eh?

#29 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Stew ws the first thing to come to my mind when I saw that we signed 3 UDFA RB's. Maybe the consensus is that we may not be able to resign him. I certainly hope not, Stew is a beast!

#30 Metal_Sparty

Metal_Sparty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Saying all UDFA's suck is a lot more reasonable than being convinced we are going to find a great player among them. You're on the wrong side of probability, as chances are all of these guys are terrible and will do nothing for us and he will be proven right. Give the guys a shot, fine, but stay grounded in reality.

When did he say we were going to get a great one out of UDFA? He said that it's ignorant and stupid to claim all UDFA's suck, which it is. He didn't say we have a future all star in that lineup of what we just signed. Learn to understand an argument.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.