Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whos Your Favorite To Win # 2 Corner As Of Right Now And Other Upcoming Camp Battles

66 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope hogan or Norman will be the number 2 corner. I think butler will be starting tho. I like him as well

Posted

He is basically a rookie. Could some also be overhyping him? He needs time to develop....

Not really, he's had a full season of practice, just little game time. He'll know the playbook inside out and be up to NFL speed at this point. It was basically a redshirt year - I think he could have played if we were making a playoff push and were desperate, but the team wisely decided to be cautious with him.

He'll win the #2 job pretty comfortably I think.

Posted

Hogan is the guy, besides Gamble; Hogan is the most heady and intelligent corner we have. Now I do think that Norman may be the most athletic corner as I am probably the only one on this board that actually got to see him play live I will say that he is very athletic and makes some of the most acrobatic plays I have ever seen, but he just doesn't have the intangibles right now.

Hogan makes SMART plays. I don't know if you guys remember when Hogan jammed a wide out at the line and forced him out of bounds resulting in a penalty when that wide out came back in bounds and was the first one to touch the ball, well if you do; you know what I am talking about when I say smart and heady plays.

I think Butler and Munnerlyn will be given every chance to compete with Hogan but at the end of the day I just see them as top tier nickel backs in the league.

Posted

the panthers #2 corner isn't on the roster yet.

Posted

Fiz, you dumb animal.

Posted

Hogan should be the #2 corner with Captain playing the nickel.

Nakamura will start at FS.

McClain will start at DT next to Edwards.

Silatolu will start at one of the guard positions with Hangman on the other side.

Posted

I think hogan wins the #2

Neblett wins the 3 tech

It'll be interesting to see who they keep on the roster at DT...do they keep 6?

Nakamura starts at FS

Silatolu wins the LG spot

Posted

Dammit, I hate to see when my wisecrack has already been taken.

Posted

- Hogan should win the number two corner job as he plays smart.

- McClain will win the 3 tech (Neblett is more of a two technique anyway, so I think he will back up Ron Edwards there)

- Sherrod Martin will still be the free safety. Martin knows his job isn't safe anymore and will fight for it now that it's not being handed to him.

- Silatolu wins the left guard spot and in my opinion he will be the best guard on the roster.

Posted

Way too early to know. Who has seen any of our corners play in the system to be installed by the new DB coach? If we play man versus mostly zone it could change who comes out on top. If we play 1 gap attack style across the board versus the nose playing 2 gap and the 3 technique playing 1 gap it changes who is best equipped to handle it on the defensive line. Last year we installed a defense on the fly and couldn't really put in what we wanted to run. This year we have a whole off-season to develop our scheme. I would caution folks not to make too much of anything that happened last year either good or bad. We will not run the same scheme so what happened last year might or might not apply.

Posted

Anybody but Munnerlyn. He gets burned way too much.

Posted

Hogan will win the #2 corner spot.

Terrell Mcclain will win the 3 tech spot,

Kuechly will start at Mlb.

Beason will start at Wlb.

if beason is healthy enough to start, he'll be the.mlb, IMO.