Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Hornets Rebrand

193 posts in this topic

Posted

That's why I hated UNC sports teams for so long. Then I got accepted to Carolina... I feel forced to like them now, although I'm still a bigger UConn fan at heart.

you should support your alma mater

Posted

Of course. The Charlotte Hornets didn't lose a single game last year.

LOL the bobcats can win all the games they want and nobody will give a sh1t. But we all know this is light years away.

The Charlotte Bobcats: Supplying Homeless Crackheads clothing since 2005.

Posted

someone had to pick up the slack after the panthers had some success in 2003

Posted

I was on board with the rebrand a couple of months ago, but I've changed my mind. For me, New Orleans changing their name is enough to bring closure. The Hornets are long gone. Let the Bobcats be their own thing. Win games and people will get excited. Just like they did a couple of years ago.

3 people like this

Posted

With the release of our new colors and jerseys, this movement is DEAD. The usual suspects have been MIA since the Hornets got the #1 pick. And even quieter since we've shared our new look. Bobs for life!

Posted

I like the new colors and uniforms.

Posted

I was on board with the rebrand a couple of months ago, but I've changed my mind. For me, New Orleans changing their name is enough to bring closure. The Hornets are long gone. Let the Bobcats be their own thing. Win games and people will get excited. Just like they did a couple of years ago.

Nicely put, and I agree for the most part.

But, for Whitfield to not close the door on a Hornets rebrand, I still would prefer a rebrand if it were to become a possibility (as in Benson finally discards the name and it becomes available for us). But, as I've mentioned elsewhere, if we remain the Bobcats or "Cats," these new unis are nothing but a step in the right direction and a sign of progression as a franchise. It definitely has breathed a new life and excitement into our fanbase.

I still think if we were able to rebrand to the Hornets it would do that and then some, but if they shed the name and let it rest, I could take comfort in that as well. Nothing pissed me off more than seeing Stern rig the lottery so that New Orleans could steal something else that belonged to us - WE WORKED HARD FOR THAT #1 PICK, lol. We'll see what happens.

Posted

King T - do you get paid by generating hits to the site by making dumb statements?

Posted

King t- Don't listen to WFNZ right now... Charlotte Hornets is the main topic...

Posted

Bump

Posted

Just heard Brian Williams of NBC call TWC arena "home of the Hornets" on live TV

Awesome

Posted

Michael Jordan had a few interesting things to say today:

--He said the franchise is open to a nickname switch should New Orleans Hornets owner Tom Benson follow through on changing that team’s name.

Been hard on MJ the past year, but gotta commend him for speaking on this. These questions aren't going away.