Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Charlotte Hornets Rebrand

Is this what happened on other boards when the name "Bobcats" was released?

Yes especially since that name came in last in fan voting. First was Flight and second was Dragons I think

4Corners    2,007

Another HUGE domino dropping: Stern says renaming the bobcats the hornets is ok

http://www.hoopsworld.com/stern-talks-pelicans-kobe-spurs-and-more/

WOW!

cdandi1    113

UPDATE: I'm surprised this hasn't been updated in the past 24 hours. According to multiple twitter reports from various NOLA outlets the Hornets are making it official Thursday by revealing the logo, jerseys, and nickname. Here is the original tweet that broke the news..."I just got out of meeting with Hornets-Saints: it's official. On Thursday announced the name change and show logos, uniform Pelicanos

@ hornets were called Pelicans. Announcement will be on Thursday at 3pm sand. Gov. Jindal will be present" In the meantime many season tickets holders posted on Facebook through WeBeelieve and BringBacktheBuzz that they were told to be on the lookout for a survey regarding a name change. BringBackTheBuzz also said, via their facebook page, that they spoke with someone with the 'Cats that a city wide survey will be conducted in the next day or so regarding the Hornets nickname availability. Should be some interesting things happening in the next week or so.

teeray    16,195

Hopefully things move quickly from here and we can move on from it or get excited about it. I hope very much that we change to the Hornets, but ready for this topic to cease and know what the future holds for this franchise.

4Corners    2,007

Yeah I'll be at the game tonight in hornets gear

Also, heard rebrand surveys were sent out to season ticket holders.

They need to go ahead and get this over with. It needs to happen.

4Corners    2,007

Im here right now and there might be 700 people here

I've seen more at a Knights game

Lomez    815

Dude in Hornets gear right behind Steve and Dell. Saturday in teal and purple was a lot of fun.

4Corners    2,007

Bobcats cheerleaders blow the topcats out of the water and its not even close WOW

JGib23    17

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2013/01/charlotte-bobcats-playing-the-name-game.html

Marc Gannis' comments sounds like some I made.