Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Hornets Rebrand

193 posts in this topic

Posted

He's said that for several years now.

Posted

It'd definitely be a good idea to go back to the Hornets name. I'll root for Charlotte no matter what name we have, but every time I go into a sports store all I see in terms of Charlotte basketball is Hornets stuff. I remember walking into a sports store (I think Sports Authority) and looking for the new Bobcats hat. I couldn't find the new Bobcats hat so I asked one of the workers and he laughed at me, called one of his co-workers over telling him that I was asking for a Bobcats hat and got made fun of. They ended up having a few Bobcats hats that were kind of hidden away because apparently they "don't sale any Bobcats apparel... ever".

Posted

If someone laughs in my face for wanting to buy a product from their store that'd be my cue to turn around and leave.

Posted

I hope it happens

I mean poo the hats are badass

Posted

He's said that for several years now.

Actually, what he said today is totally different. In the past he has said he was "open" to it.

Today this is what he said. "It's definately an interest".... "We would definitely entertain the opportunity."

Being open to something is different than being definately interested.

Posted

With the release of our new colors and jerseys, this movement is DEAD. The usual suspects have been MIA since the Hornets got the #1 pick. And even quieter since we've shared our new look. Bobs for life!

Seldom right & wrong again.

Bring Back The Buzz is alive & well.

Posted

And he'd never specifically addressed the 'Hornets' as a possibility in the past. Prior to yesterday, he's only spoken in broad, ambiguous terms about a potential rebrand (like JGib said).

There's no reason for 2 men in such positions of power (Benson and Jordan) to speak as casually about something like the rebrand as they have been over the last couple months unless a deal was on the table. They simply have nothing to gain out of humoring the majorities of their respective fanbases that are in favor of the shifts, then not delivering.

It's happening, gang :)

Posted

Ill be at the game tonight rocking the hornets gear

Ill be court side if anyone wants to say hello

Posted

twitter abuzz with Tom Benson's wife stating that this is the "final year of the New Orleans Hornets"

No credible source cited. I tweeted to John and Bring Back the Buzz to cite one so this may be all some misquoted BS.

If this is true though, wow. Could be a big domino dropping.

Posted

@BringBackTheBuz

GUYS ITS OFFICIAL! Benson's wife announce tonight this is the LAST YEAR of the New Orleans Hornets!New name will be announced @ end of season

Posted

Jordan will spend a little cash to rebrand so all you morons get excited & come support his joke of a team. Brilliant business move.

Posted

Yeah im gonna buy a badass hat asap