Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlotte Hornets Rebrand

193 posts in this topic

Posted

Why would I root for New Orleans? Would you stop rooting for the Panthers if they rebranded?

And people see this "movement" for what it is, a fad started by people who have no say. And BOBCATSPlanet is still my second home. Its still decked in that beautiful orange and blue. The Hornets fluffers go there now since we ran em away from here. LOL. But at the end of the day appstate and gang will either root for the Bobs or be miserable. Theyre gonna keep spending with us if they want to support Charlottes team. We appreciate all their $$$ and interest.

My "movement" to get us to draft Cam got results, this one wont get any. Lol

Posted

Why would I root for New Orleans? Would you stop rooting for the Panthers if they rebranded?

And people see this "movement" for what it is, a fad started by people who have no say. And BOBCATSPlanet is still my second home. Its still decked in that beautiful orange and blue. The Hornets fluffers go there now since we ran em away from here. LOL. But at the end of the day appstate and gang will either root for the Bobs or be miserable. Theyre gonna keep spending with us if they want to support Charlottes team. We appreciate all their $$$ and interest.

My "movement" to get us to draft Cam got results, this one wont get any. Lol

King, answer the question. If the Bobcats are rebranded are you going to pull for them or just be a NBA fan without a team?

If you say No, I don't really have any room to bash you because that's basically what I am now..just curious

Posted

LMAO, Jerry Richardson drafted Cam because of a movement started by KT.

And all this time I thought they drafted Cam because he was the best player in the draft.

Posted

Your idiotic signature says everything. Steve Young & John Elway are a better comparison to Cam. You're only interested in the color of his skin.

Posted

When the Bobcats get to the NBA Finals we can compare them to the Panthers. Until then that post is ridden with stupidity.

Posted

I do agree with KT that Panther fans show a lot of homerism & have a false sense of the franchise. 4 winning seasons in 16 years is pathetic. A Super Bowl loss doesn't outweigh '01 & '10, two of the worst teams in NFL history.

He's on his own with the Bobcats, though. I'd rather watch women's curling than that joke of a franchise. I tried becoming a fan in the beginning but Bob Johnson was the worst owner in pro sports.

Posted

He's on his own with the Bobcats, though. I'd rather watch women's curling than that joke of a franchise. I tried becoming a fan in the beginning but Bob Johnson was the worst owner in pro sports.

How dare u associate the fine sport of curling with the abomination known as the bobcats.

All kidding aside there is a Charlotte curling club I checked out a couple years ago but didn't have the time & money to invest in. They have a FB page u should check out.

Posted

It is too bad a topic in which two parties disagree on in an NBA Talk forum can't make it 2 pages without nonsense being brought up.

First off, IF Jordan re-brands it will not be to appease the fans of the franchise. Jordan, no doubt, appreciates the fans. However, he appreciates keeping his money first and foremost. The fan movement is nice and might bring over some converts (and lose some) but if 3 years from now, the Charlotte Hornets are the home team for TWC Arena, it will be strictly because of business. Yes, the fans do drive the business, but he isn't going to wake up one day and look at the re-brand petition and say 'Wow, 200 more signatures? Guess I better put $3+ million into this whole name change thing and hope it works'.

I know it is a common topic in this forum, but the whole race card is asinine and not even worth getting into.

Posted

Sapper- that's one of the main points of the movement. We think that changing the name attracts more fans, sells more merchandise, drives up tv viewership.

All those things increase revenue and help make the team more viable in Charlotte long term.

Let's be honest, if the team continues down this path of being:

Last in the NBA in Merchandise Sales

Last in the NBA in TV viewership

28th in the NBA in attendance

Owner losing millions every year.

We won't have to worry about them Being the Charlotte Bobcats or the Charlotte Hornets because they will be the Seattle Supersonics. The lease agreement penalties are on a sliding scale and we can't expect any owner to sustain the losses this team continues to pile up and stay in Charlotte.

For me this movement is about energizing a fan base and ensuring we always have a home team to root for.

It would be silly for us to expect MJ to spend that kind of money without believing that there will be an adequate ROI for him.

Posted

Sapper- that's one of the main points of the movement. We think that changing the name attracts more fans, sells more merchandise, drives up tv viewership.

All those things increase revenue and help make the team more viable in Charlotte long term.

Let's be honest, if the team continues down this path of being:

Last in the NBA in Merchandise Sales

Last in the NBA in TV viewership

28th in the NBA in attendance

Owner losing millions every year.

We won't have to worry about them Being the Charlotte Bobcats or the Charlotte Hornets because they will be the Seattle Supersonics. The lease agreement penalties are on a sliding scale and we can't expect any owner to sustain the losses this team continues to pile up and stay in Charlotte.

For me this movement is about energizing a fan base and ensuring we always have a home team to root for.

It would be silly for us to expect MJ to spend that kind of money without believing that there will be an adequate ROI for him.

Yea, I agree wholeheartedly. But this will be a business move before it is a move to appease (what I think) is a fresh, invigorating fan movement. I think his first step should be to send out surveys to past and present season ticket holders about a name change, and see what kind of response that entails. Ask past members why they sold their tickets/or didn't renew them and if a re-brand might persuade them to come back.

Ask present holders the same question, but phrase it as a 'would you support the team more or less if there was a potential re-brand'.

Then slowly expand the demographic to viewers/casual fans, etc...

Set up quick Q&A's outside TWC Arena for sold out games and see their response.

Posted

I agree 100% with what you just wrote.

To be honest, I can't believe they haven't already done that.

I'm a former season ticket holder (from seasons 1 & 2) and they have never reached out to me to find out how they could earn my business back. I'm almost dumbfounded that they have never contacted me.

Posted

They need to wash the shitty taste of the Bobcats out of everyones mouths. The entire thing has been one cluster fug after another since day one. Even though he's gone I still associate this team with Bob Johnson. A re-branding would be a smart decision in my opinion. Naming them the Hornets would be a bonus.