• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#136 djp14

djp14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I was on board with the rebrand a couple of months ago, but I've changed my mind. For me, New Orleans changing their name is enough to bring closure. The Hornets are long gone. Let the Bobcats be their own thing. Win games and people will get excited. Just like they did a couple of years ago.

#137 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

With the release of our new colors and jerseys, this movement is DEAD. The usual suspects have been MIA since the Hornets got the #1 pick. And even quieter since we've shared our new look. Bobs for life!

#138 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I like the new colors and uniforms.

#139 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

I was on board with the rebrand a couple of months ago, but I've changed my mind. For me, New Orleans changing their name is enough to bring closure. The Hornets are long gone. Let the Bobcats be their own thing. Win games and people will get excited. Just like they did a couple of years ago.

Nicely put, and I agree for the most part.

But, for Whitfield to not close the door on a Hornets rebrand, I still would prefer a rebrand if it were to become a possibility (as in Benson finally discards the name and it becomes available for us). But, as I've mentioned elsewhere, if we remain the Bobcats or "Cats," these new unis are nothing but a step in the right direction and a sign of progression as a franchise. It definitely has breathed a new life and excitement into our fanbase.

I still think if we were able to rebrand to the Hornets it would do that and then some, but if they shed the name and let it rest, I could take comfort in that as well. Nothing pissed me off more than seeing Stern rig the lottery so that New Orleans could steal something else that belonged to us - WE WORKED HARD FOR THAT #1 PICK, lol. We'll see what happens.

#140 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

King T - do you get paid by generating hits to the site by making dumb statements?

#141 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

King t- Don't listen to WFNZ right now... Charlotte Hornets is the main topic...

#142 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Bump

#143 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Just heard Brian Williams of NBC call TWC arena "home of the Hornets" on live TV

Awesome

#144 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Michael Jordan had a few interesting things to say today:

--He said the franchise is open to a nickname switch should New Orleans Hornets owner Tom Benson follow through on changing that team’s name.

Been hard on MJ the past year, but gotta commend him for speaking on this. These questions aren't going away.

#145 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

He's said that for several years now.

#146 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

It'd definitely be a good idea to go back to the Hornets name. I'll root for Charlotte no matter what name we have, but every time I go into a sports store all I see in terms of Charlotte basketball is Hornets stuff. I remember walking into a sports store (I think Sports Authority) and looking for the new Bobcats hat. I couldn't find the new Bobcats hat so I asked one of the workers and he laughed at me, called one of his co-workers over telling him that I was asking for a Bobcats hat and got made fun of. They ended up having a few Bobcats hats that were kind of hidden away because apparently they "don't sale any Bobcats apparel... ever".

#147 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

If someone laughs in my face for wanting to buy a product from their store that'd be my cue to turn around and leave.

#148 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,124 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

I hope it happens

I mean poo the hats are badass

#149 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

He's said that for several years now.

Actually, what he said today is totally different. In the past he has said he was "open" to it.

Today this is what he said. "It's definately an interest".... "We would definitely entertain the opportunity."

Being open to something is different than being definately interested.

#150 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

With the release of our new colors and jerseys, this movement is DEAD. The usual suspects have been MIA since the Hornets got the #1 pick. And even quieter since we've shared our new look. Bobs for life!

Seldom right & wrong again.

Bring Back The Buzz is alive & well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users