Im here right now and there might be 700 people here

I've seen more at a Knights game

#183 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Dude in Hornets gear right behind Steve and Dell. Saturday in teal and purple was a lot of fun.

#184 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Bobcats cheerleaders blow the topcats out of the water and its not even close WOW

#185 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

http://www.bizjourna...-name-game.html

Marc Gannis' comments sounds like some I made.

#186 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Been a fan of Spanberg since I was in high school. I don't agree with some of his comments & articles but he is a highly intelligent person. He understands sports from its most important facet - business.

"The bobcats brand has failed."

It has failed on every level.

#187 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Bobcats cheerleaders blow the topcats out of the water and its not even close WOW

Yup and one of the Lady Cats is a friend of mine and another is my ex girlfriend. She was annoying and married some rich prick, but hey I hit it for a few months.

#188 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

You unc fags sure love to brag on the internet about your supposed "lady conquests"

#189 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

You unc fags sure love to brag on the internet about your supposed "lady conquests"

I wouldn't brag either if I was an App State guy. I've seen the fat cows you have to settle for in Boone.

#190 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,475 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bring back teh honeybees!

#191 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I wouldn't brag either if I was an App State guy. I've seen the fat cows you have to settle for in Boone.

Haha sorry im married and not to a fat cow from boone. I dont brag on the internet because noone gives a poo. I dont need to sound awesome to people ive never met. I bet that has something to do with why u chose to cheer for unc ch

#192 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

What say you uncfag?

#193 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Thanks to Crap State fan for derailing a legitimate thread with insults. You should make friends with the Duke fans on here because that's their favorite thing to do in here as well. Losers.

Anywhoo, another interesting tidbit fresh of the presses of the CO:

The New Orleans Hornets will become the Pelicans next season, leaving the Hornets nickname as somewhat of a free agent.
The Charlotte Bobcats are holding a "town hall" meeting Monday with season-ticket holders, one that will include NBA deputy commissioner Adam Silver.

Two days later, Bobcats owner Michael Jordan's company, Jordan Brand, is re-releasing some purple and teal gear and sneakers that harken back to the old Charlotte Hornets.

The Bobcats have reportedly invited some to a Wednesday event, tied to the season finale against Cleveland, to "discuss the Bobcats' future," and Thursday the team will host an open house.

Two fan blogs are reading the tea leaves of all this and coming to the conclusion that the team has decided to change its nickname back to the Charlotte Hornets, the name the city's NBA expansion franchise took in 1988 and held until 2001, when the Hornets bolted for New Orleans after failing to get a new arena.

And while "Bring Back the Buzz" notes that this could all be "one giant, big, huge, coincidence," Bleacher Report goes far enough to suggest that the sneaker release is a sign Jordan and the Bobcats front office have made up their mind.

Except they're saying they haven't. A Bobcats source told The Observer on Wednesday that nothing is "imminent" on a possible name change.

Not that it won't ever happen. Jordan, and the franchise leadership, might well decide a change is well worth the $3 million cost. But they might not. Some argue that the Bobcats, who have the NBA's worst record, can improve their financial situation more by winning consistently, regardless of the nickname.

The team has yet to make public the results of its scientific survey of ticketholders and others, which is almost certain to be more evenly split than the unscientific landslides -- including the ones we have measured at charlotteobserver.com -- touted by name-change supporters.

But there isn't a name-change announcement scheduled for next week.

Incidentally, if you want to read tea leaves, the first 5,000 fans Monday receive Bobcats jersey coolers from Sprite. If they announced a name change Wednesday, would those be retro-cool by next Thursday?

-- Mike Persinger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users