#31 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

The truth hurts I got clowned harder in 09 and '10 for being a Panther fan than I ever have for being a Bobs fan. People from my on city saying Panthers suck, theyre boring, their QBs suck, why do you root for those losers? yadda yadda. The only people who view the Panthers as successful live in the Carolinas. And its still tons here who still think they suck, even tho Cam is helping to change that. Its been longer since the Panthers had a postseason than it has for the Bobs. And that game had people saying "same old Panthers". So yes losing is the culture here and part of our fanbase. Just read this board on most gameweeks. LOL. Bobcats of the NFL, just "safer".

#32 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

The panthers may not be successful, but with a superbowl appearance, and 3 NFC championship games, that's a hell of a lot better than a franchise who has never won a playoff game and is coming off a season where they had the worst winning percentage in league history.

#33 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

KT- the reason that no one clowns you about the Bobcats is nobody gives a fug about them. They stir no emotion. It's the problem with the team that are you are to blind to see.

Apathy

The Panthers stir emotion, people get furious about every detail of the team....

The Bobcats go unnoticed in their own city. Charlotte is indifferent about the Bobcats.

#34 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

They demolished kt on bobcatsplanet hahahaha. He has no credibility anywhere. Evryone sees him for who he is.

#35 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

QC Thundercats of Bobcats planet destroyed every premise of the argument.

KT hasn't returned since. Pretty hilarious.

#36 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:50 PM

so KT will you stop rooting for the team if they rebrand to the Hornets?

#37 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Why would I root for New Orleans? Would you stop rooting for the Panthers if they rebranded?
And people see this "movement" for what it is, a fad started by people who have no say. And BOBCATSPlanet is still my second home. Its still decked in that beautiful orange and blue. The Hornets fluffers go there now since we ran em away from here. LOL. But at the end of the day appstate and gang will either root for the Bobs or be miserable. Theyre gonna keep spending with us if they want to support Charlottes team. We appreciate all their $$$ and interest.

My "movement" to get us to draft Cam got results, this one wont get any. Lol

#38 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Why would I root for New Orleans? Would you stop rooting for the Panthers if they rebranded?
And people see this "movement" for what it is, a fad started by people who have no say. And BOBCATSPlanet is still my second home. Its still decked in that beautiful orange and blue. The Hornets fluffers go there now since we ran em away from here. LOL. But at the end of the day appstate and gang will either root for the Bobs or be miserable. Theyre gonna keep spending with us if they want to support Charlottes team. We appreciate all their $$$ and interest.

My "movement" to get us to draft Cam got results, this one wont get any. Lol

King, answer the question. If the Bobcats are rebranded are you going to pull for them or just be a NBA fan without a team?

If you say No, I don't really have any room to bash you because that's basically what I am now..just curious

#39 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

LMAO, Jerry Richardson drafted Cam because of a movement started by KT.

And all this time I thought they drafted Cam because he was the best player in the draft.

#40 SN03

SN03

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Your idiotic signature says everything. Steve Young & John Elway are a better comparison to Cam. You're only interested in the color of his skin.

#41 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

When the Bobcats get to the NBA Finals we can compare them to the Panthers. Until then that post is ridden with stupidity.

#42 SN03

SN03

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

I do agree with KT that Panther fans show a lot of homerism & have a false sense of the franchise. 4 winning seasons in 16 years is pathetic. A Super Bowl loss doesn't outweigh '01 & '10, two of the worst teams in NFL history.

He's on his own with the Bobcats, though. I'd rather watch women's curling than that joke of a franchise. I tried becoming a fan in the beginning but Bob Johnson was the worst owner in pro sports.

#43 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

He's on his own with the Bobcats, though. I'd rather watch women's curling than that joke of a franchise. I tried becoming a fan in the beginning but Bob Johnson was the worst owner in pro sports.

How dare u associate the fine sport of curling with the abomination known as the bobcats.

All kidding aside there is a Charlotte curling club I checked out a couple years ago but didn't have the time & money to invest in. They have a FB page u should check out.

#44 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

It is too bad a topic in which two parties disagree on in an NBA Talk forum can't make it 2 pages without nonsense being brought up.

First off, IF Jordan re-brands it will not be to appease the fans of the franchise. Jordan, no doubt, appreciates the fans. However, he appreciates keeping his money first and foremost. The fan movement is nice and might bring over some converts (and lose some) but if 3 years from now, the Charlotte Hornets are the home team for TWC Arena, it will be strictly because of business. Yes, the fans do drive the business, but he isn't going to wake up one day and look at the re-brand petition and say 'Wow, 200 more signatures? Guess I better put $3+ million into this whole name change thing and hope it works'.

I know it is a common topic in this forum, but the whole race card is asinine and not even worth getting into.

#45 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Sapper- that's one of the main points of the movement. We think that changing the name attracts more fans, sells more merchandise, drives up tv viewership.

All those things increase revenue and help make the team more viable in Charlotte long term.

Let's be honest, if the team continues down this path of being:
Last in the NBA in Merchandise Sales
Last in the NBA in TV viewership
28th in the NBA in attendance
Owner losing millions every year.

We won't have to worry about them Being the Charlotte Bobcats or the Charlotte Hornets because they will be the Seattle Supersonics. The lease agreement penalties are on a sliding scale and we can't expect any owner to sustain the losses this team continues to pile up and stay in Charlotte.

For me this movement is about energizing a fan base and ensuring we always have a home team to root for.

It would be silly for us to expect MJ to spend that kind of money without believing that there will be an adequate ROI for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users