Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akaseinfeld

Rumor: Junior Seau Dead?

87 posts in this topic

sad news. I just watched a youtube video of him giving out high-fives to kids before games, seemed like a tremendous guy. RIP.

not to sound insensitive, but is it confirmed that he had mental issues? If so had he ever made the claim that these issues were related to football?

sad news. I just watched a youtube video of him giving out high-fives to kids before games, seemed like a tremendous guy. RIP.

not to sound insensitive, but is it confirmed that he had mental issues? If so had he ever made the claim that these issues were related to football?

Not really "confirmed" but I'd say there's pretty good evidence.

Between the two linebackers getting a lot of press today, this one is by far the better one, but sadly also the more tragic of the pair as well :(

1 person likes this

It's particularly sad because there were so many people out there that loved Junior and would have jumped at the chance to help him if they knew he was hurting.

RIP Junior.

He was tired of living, fair enough. Sad part is for his family and to the multitude out there who are dieing and want so badly to live.

Hellova football player and did a lot of fine charity work in San Diego.

But damnit he had 4 kids.

Disappointing to say the least.

Was watching something earlier about him on nfl network and the

damn room suddenly got really dusty. Damn dust

Pulled from the other (train wreck) thread...

Nice story from - oddly enough - Saints* backup center Eric Olsen.

When I was a frosh in HS Junior Seau worked the Jay Fiedler Football camp and at the end of one of the days he challenged anyone to a 1-on-1. Being one of the ‘big’ kids, I was volunteered by my buddies and went up in front of the whole camp to face this monster of a man. Shaking in my cleats, he gave me a wink before a coach gave the cadence. He let me pancake him. And he sold it too. I can’t even tell you how good I felt at that moment; it changed me forever. The whole camp cheered for me, a chubby kid that didn’t know if he even liked football. From then on I was addicted. All thanks to this 10-time all-pro that felt like making some snot-nosed kid’s day. Doesn’t seem like much but it meant a lot to me. Sorry for the essay just had to share. RIP Junior I’ll never forget what you did for me.

Posted - in segments - on Olsen's Twitter account (link)

Chargers will have a patch or arm band no doubt. But will the rest of the NFL?