• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

And no one spoke to you at all during the process. If this doesn't send shivers down your spine then you are not being honest. Both J. Vilma and W. Smith have publicly stated that

Smith:Through this entire process, the NFL never notified me of what I was being accused of, nor presented me with any evidence or reasoning for this decision. I am interested in discovering who is making these specific and false accusations, and as well as why a decision was made without speaking with me

Viloma:"I am shocked and extremely disappointed by the NFL's decision to suspend me for the 2012 season. Commissioner Roger Goodell has refused to share any of the supposed evidence he claims supports this unprecedented punishment. The reason is clear: I never paid, or intended to pay, $10,000, or any amount of money, to any player for knocking Kurt Warner, Brett Favre or any other player, out of the 2009 divisional playoff game, 2010 NFC Championship Game, or any other game.

#2 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

I like where this is going

#3 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

If I was stupid and worthless enough to take part in what the Saints did, my feelings wouldn't mean jack.

And for the record, Vilma and all the others were offered the chance to meet with Goodell to discuss this, and declined.

#4 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,972 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

people lose their jobs based on less evidence.

the NFL isn't the judicial branch and doesn't have to follow the same rules.

#5 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

But they did have the evidence verified by a US Attorney.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

I didnt like that it was announced post draft. They could have told the saints and other teams earlier

#7 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

That depends, am I incredibly guilty, but have a delusional fan-base that will support me regardless of facts and a union that will do the same?

If so, I'd act innocent. There's no real value in confessing when so many are willing to believe me regardless of evidence because the suspension is unlikely to be reduced, but this way, I can play the victim.

#8 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Way to totally whiff on your analogy. The NFL is a corporation. They don't need squat to do anything they want. Seeing as Benson makes up 1/32nd of the league the Saints are suspending him too.

#9 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

If I was stupid and worthless enough to take part in what the Saints did, my feelings wouldn't mean jack.

And for the record, Vilma and all the others were offered the chance to meet with Goodell to discuss this, and declined.

Please show me one shred of evidence that the players were given the chance to meet with Goodell to discuss and declined

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

people lose their jobs based on less evidence.

the NFL isn't the judicial branch and doesn't have to follow the same rules.

Millions of people take felony convictions in the US every year without seeing the evidence against them. When you accept a plea arrangement, more often than not the prosecution has not been required to submit their discovery to your attorney, or the court. There is no legal obligation for the prosecution to turn over evidence until you opt for trial.

#11 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

fug the saints*

#12 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,109 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

[sarcasm font]You guys will be fine. Loomis the genius is just ironing out the minor details of Brees' new contract. It's my understanding that it should be finished in the next few days or so.[/sarcasm font]

#13 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

It seems that this is the closest we're going to get to an apology from Vilma.

#14 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

OHhhhhhhhhhh, this is about football..Thank God. Dam, i was worried for a moment....

#15 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

ESPN has been reporting all day that at least one of the suspended players signed a declaration that he participated in the bounty scheme

THEY HAVE PROOF... GET OVER IT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com