Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Would You Feel If You Were Accused, Convicted And Sentenced

175 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is a list of all the f_cks I give about the Saints predicament:

Posted · Report post

I'm not in ANY WAY taking up for these guys, so don't twist what im about to say:

If it were say Beason and Charles Johnson, we'd all have a HUGE case of the ass!

Think about it... We only know one side of the story, and that's what the media is throwing out there. To us (especially as rivals) we're believing it all, especially with the way they have played us in the past and with good reason.

I honestly feel bad for Vilma, after reading his statement and finding out that he actually found out by watching ESPN... I think he got a RAW deal. If this were any of our players we'd be in an absolute uproar over this. Just like MANY of the players accross the league have expressed extremely negative feelings as to how this has played out.

There's two sides to every story, and then there's the truth! By evidence that Vilma wasn't even contacted, in my opinion gives him a very good shot at winning a class action suit against the NFL.

I think that Goodell has severely overstepped his bounds on this, and it wil end up being nightmarish for him. Reactions accross the League have been very negative about this.

With all that said FUG the Saints*, but as an American who fights to conserve and protect and defend the constitution of the United States... I'd like to see "due process" and it is obviously void in this situation.

Totally not fair that Goodell is the Judge and Jury in affairs like these.

If he or "they" did it, I'd like to see some proof my damn self before something like this goes down.

Now if the proof is overwhelming and all parties have been consulted, I'm totally fine with it. This however is not the case.

As a Panthers fan, of course I'm happy, but it's bittersweet because imo it's totally unjust.

Posted · Report post

Well, its a good thing the NFLPA didn;t sign a contract agreeing to this punishment system then.

Oh wait, they did? :o

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm not in ANY WAY taking up for these guys, so don't twist what im about to say:

If it were say Beason and Charles Johnson, we'd all have a HUGE case of the ass!

Think about it... We only know one side of the story, and that's what the media is throwing out there. To us (especially as rivals) we're believing it all, especially with the way they have played us in the past and with good reason.

I honestly feel bad for Vilma, after reading his statement and finding out that he actually found out by watching ESPN... I think he got a RAW deal. If this were any of our players we'd be in an absolute uproar over this. Just like MANY of the players accross the league have expressed extremely negative feelings as to how this has played out.

There's two sides to every story, and then there's the truth! By evidence that Vilma wasn't even contacted, in my opinion gives him a very good shot at winning a class action suit against the NFL.

I think that Goodell has severely overstepped his bounds on this, and it wil end up being nightmarish for him. Reactions accross the League have been very negative about this.

With all that said FUG the Saints*, but as an American who fights to conserve and protect and defend the constitution of the United States... I'd like to see "due process" and it is obviously void in this situation.

Totally not fair that Goodell is the Judge and Jury in affairs like these.

If he or "they" did it, I'd like to see some proof my damn self before something like this goes down.

Now if the proof is overwhelming and all parties have been consulted, I'm totally fine with it. This however is not the case.

As a Panthers fan, of course I'm happy, but it's bittersweet because imo it's totally unjust.

TCF, as a constitution-fearing American, you should know a private corporation can handle its employees how it chooses. And you can't have a class action lawsuit of one person.

/smfh

Posted · Report post

Good. Im glad they were never told anything. fug them. fug the Saints organization. fug their fans. fug that piece of poo city with its worthless piece of poo people.

Posted · Report post

thanks grits!

still adjusting to a macbrook

Posted · Report post

TCF, as a constitution-fearing American, you should know a private corporation can handle its employees how it chooses. And you can't have a class action lawsuit of one person.

/smfh

I don't fear the constitution at all

The class action suit will likely have the individuals who have been suspended

MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm not defending them if they are guilty... What I am simply saying is if they ARE guilty of what they've been accused of they should have a voice and be presented with the accusations.

As should the fans be kept apprised of what's going on as well. WE are what makes it a multi-Billion dollar business. We are owed the truth, at the very least for how much money we dump into the NFL through the various things we do from: tickets, parking, jerseys, beverages, food etc.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't at the very least a "defamation" suit filed.

Posted · Report post

You can't win a defamation lawsuit if it's true.

Posted · Report post

MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm not defending them if they are guilty... What I am dumpy saying is if they ARE guilty of what they've been accused of they should have a voice and be presented with the accusations.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't at the very least a "defamation" suit filed.

What part of my first sentence did you not understand? They don't have a right to play in the NFL. Period.

Posted · Report post

How would the OP feel, If an opposing team was motivating players to injure the star players on your team, cuz they lack the talent to actually compete and getting a lil bonus?

Posted · Report post

MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm not defending them if they are guilty... What I am dumpy saying is if they ARE guilty of what they've been accused of they should have a voice and be presented with the accusations.

They were all offered the chance to meet with the commissioner to discuss the accusations, and all declined.

Since then, Anthony Hargrove has submitted a signed declaration admitting that the program existed and that he was an active participant. And he's not the only major figure to admit this.

Throw in that the league had all the evidence reviewed by a prominent US Attorney who said their evidence was solid.

They have nothing to stand on.

Posted · Report post

aww poor guys