174 replies to this topic

#166 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

Only if you can prove it was related to sex, race, religion, etc. It's not wrongful termination if your boss simply doesn't like the color shirt you wore that day or didn't like something (and that can be anything) you did.

These guys are going to have to start by establishing that they have not agreed to the process that the league is following. The league is going to claim this is part of the personal conduct sections of the CBA. If the court agrees with the league, the players agreed to the process so thisgoes through Goodell for the appeal. I'm not sure after that if there is another level of appeal.

not true

but I'm sure you're the one with a law degree?

#167 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Only if you can prove it was related to sex, race, religion, etc. It's not wrongful termination if your boss simply doesn't like the color shirt you wore that day or didn't like something (and that can be anything) you did.

These guys are going to have to start by establishing that they have not agreed to the process that the league is following. The league is going to claim this is part of the personal conduct sections of the CBA. If the court agrees with the league, the players agreed to the process so thisgoes through Goodell for the appeal. I'm not sure after that if there is another level of appeal.

if you suffer damages .. i.e moved somewhere relying on a job .. you could sue and possibly recover .. depends on a lot of different facts relating to the situation .. but it's very much possible

#168 Savoir Faire

Savoir Faire

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

not true

but I'm sure you're the one with a law degree?

No law degree, just a few years in management. My post was very true within the conditions I mentioned anf a few others.

#169 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,753 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

I know how I'd feel if one of the others that took part in what I had done confessed to it :o

And let's not forget that this isn't Jonathan Vilma's first go-round with bounties. remember the name Nevin Shapiro?

$2,250 in bounties. Shapiro said the bounties were: $1,000 for a hit and personal foul penalty by Vilma on Florida State quarterback Chris Rix during Miami’s 28-27 win on Oct. 12, 2002; $250 for a sack in a 38-33 win over Florida on Sept. 6, 2003; and $1,000 for a hit on Rix in a 16-14 win over Florida State on Jan. 1, 2004.

Yahoo Sports

Just makes the "innocent" act all that much more contrived (as if it wasn't already).

#170 Savoir Faire

Savoir Faire

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

if you suffer damages .. i.e moved somewhere relying on a job .. you could sue and possibly recover .. depends on a lot of different facts relating to the situation .. but it's very much possible

You must have really hated that to respond twice.

What you're talking about here is an implied contract. If you move I have a job for you.. Totally different situation.

You can sue for whatever you want and there will always be a lawyer ready to take your money to represent you.

#171 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Really? You need to get Mendenhall on your team because he uses your system of logic. The Saints*, Charles Manson, Bin Laden---ALL VICTIMS!!!

#172 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

You must have really hated that to respond twice.

What you're talking about here is an implied contract. If you move I have a job for you.. Totally different situation.

You can sue for whatever you want and there will always be a lawyer ready to take your money to represent you.

na .. the example I gave is where someone relies on something that someone else promised them .. to their detriment

I see your point .. but this topic is getting so far out there lol

#173 xtheronx

xtheronx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

Really? You need to get Mendenhall on your team because he uses your system of logic. The Saints**, Charles Manson, Bin Laden---ALL VICTIMS!!!

haha

#174 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,050 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

How would I feel if I got caught doing something stupid at work, and got fired for it?

I'd be ashamed, and would hope that it my actions/mistake didn't follow me, preventing me from getting another good job.

#175 ForMac

ForMac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Eh if it was me id personally assume resp because I knew I took the bounties but as a independant contractor id deny it forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.