Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Nc Amendment One: "preserving The White Race"?

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#181 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

So you are blaming the democrats and media because republican are out voting for the Amendment today?

Yeah, this is pretty much what I got after reading that........

#182 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,291 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

when the state house and senate were controlled by democrats they successfully kept this ballot initiative stymied for a long time. social conservatives have been howling for it since 2004 but NC congressional dems had kept it frozen in committee. we're voting on it now because republicans finally pushed it through last year when both houses flipped.

so yeah this is the dumbocrats' fault. totally.

#183 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Civil Rights are not determined by majority vote. Rights are supposed to be "inalienable" and the courts are there to make sure this happens (the judicial "interprets" the law). Do any of you actually understand why we have 3 branches of government? An "activist" judge is in most cases a very good thing if you care about the rights of our citizens.

Unless said judge is a conservative activist, right? :)

I do sometimes think individual judges sometimes abuse their power. Of course, that is why we have a hierarchy of courts. Eventually, the important issues come before the Supreme court, as this issue eventually will.

#184 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:13 PM

well see thomas and scalia actually are huge pieces of poo but don't let that get in the way of your "both sides are bad so let's all just vote republican" narrative

#185 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

I believe this amendment is one where you have a bunch of people that say they're against it, but when they get to the ballot IN the box in private...they'll vote for it. As far as the turnout, I would think the democrats should outpoll the republicans because of two factors 1) there are more democrats than republicans registered in nc and 2) the republican presidential nominee has been determined for the most part and it's actually the democrats with the largest decision to make (gubernatorial election).

I do think the amendment one election will be a lot closer that the recent polling.

I'm a registered Democrat and basically only went to vote against the amendment. Unless it comes out ol' Pat likes to sext dong pictures to underage boys or something he already has it locked up.

#186 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm a registered Democrat and basically only went to vote against the amendment. Unless it comes out ol' Pat likes to sext dong pictures to underage boys or something he already has it locked up.

well he is a republican so let's not rule this out

#187 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:13 PM

Same here, I am registered non-partisan.

Dog Tired today after work but I couldn't in good conscience go home and hit the couch before going to vote against this terrible bill.

I only got to vote for the ammendmant and 2 judges I have never heard of before?

Lolz, I just picked the women.

#188 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yes it's very likely Christ existed however him being mentioned in the Koran is not evidence of that. ;) There are enough early sources that one should believe the historical Jesus problabley existed. But Historical sources aren't good enough to prove the supernatural stuff.

There are no contemporary extra-biblical resources that point to Jesus ever existing. However, I see what you're saying. There is no reason to NOT believe a guy, at least similar to the character of Jesus, existed. The supernatural claims, as you said, are not substantiated and by all accounts impossible.

#189 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,738 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Same here, I am registered non-partisan.

Dog Tired today after work but I couldn't in good conscience go home and hit the couch before going to vote against this terrible bill.

I only got to vote for the ammendmant and 2 judges I have never heard of before?

Lolz, I just picked the women.

I tended to pick the women as well.

#190 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,345 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

so should i mock your tacit support for separate but equal laws? oh wait i already did and you carefully chose to ignore it.

what support would that be?

(mentioned several times i voted against)

i just don't see this as a civil rights issue. civil law, yes. civil rights, no. otherwise people like former forum troll Who Dat Pat (the 36 year old virgin Saints** fan) would be having his civil rights violated every time a male or female rejects his advances.

#191 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

yeah bro and i voted for ron paul.

It's like CWG calling gay marriage a civil rights issue when gay couples in fact have the same civil rights as any other adults living in cohabitation, whether they are college room mates or two widowed sisters. But try telling him that.

when you say gay marriage isn't a civil rights issue because, in your mind, they can get all of the benefits of marriage without being married (because they can't get married. because it's illegal in nc), you are literally arguing in favor of separate but equal policy

#192 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,143 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

With a qtr of the vote in, 57% For, 43% Against Amendment 1.

Pres Romney Obama
Gov MeCrory Not sure yet on Dem(could be awhile)

#193 cantrell

cantrell

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

as a straight white christian male, i know oppression. i don't see what these minorities are complaining about

#194 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,345 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

yeah bro and i voted for ron paul.

you're old enough to vote?

when you say gay marriage isn't a civil rights issue because, in your mind, they can get all of the benefits of marriage without being married (because they can't get married. because it's illegal in nc), you are literally arguing in favor of separate but equal policy

so you're arguing for mandated, forced marriage? is staying single separate but equal?

#195 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,143 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

as a straight white christian male, i know oppression. i don't see what these minorities are complaining about

Everyone knows you are a Hispanic lesbian, now come clean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.