Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Nc Amendment One: "preserving The White Race"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
372 replies to this topic

#373 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

yes and unless you're as dumb as i've thought you are at times you're fully aware that government is going to continue to be involved in marriage. 60% of nc voters turned out just to protect the sanctity of their government marriage. while wanting civil unions for all and marriage for the religious is great and all, that's not actually going to happen. if letting gay people marry is waging war on marriage, changing "marriage" to "civil union" is dropping the nuke on it. it is not going to happen. your options are to support equality, or support separate but equal policies. standing around and saying you're not really involved so you don't care is implicit support of the status quo.

tl;dr marriage isn't going anywhere so let's stop discriminating against a large portion of the american public

well, good for the 60% of the 30% who showed up. tell them all they did was guarantee a waste of millions of their own dollars when this thing goes through the feds.

change "marriage" to "state recognized sexual relationship" for all i care... as long as it applies to everyone. speaking of things that apply to everyone, mandate state recognized sexual relationships for everyone. i mean, its a civil right even for people who can't find a partner.