Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Nc Amendment One: "preserving The White Race"?

• Please log in to reply
372 replies to this topic

#61 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

So you think we need to be a theocracy?

The belief that you can do something which is in actuality immoral (deciding you know what is right for everyone) for the sole reason that "no one is going to push you around" is something that a 12 year old would do.

And it's ALREADY ILLEGAL which of course you never mentioned.

We are the most powerful nation in the world because we are able to kill our enemies, make our friends want to be more like us, or make them obey us better than anyone else based on our wealth and power. Not really a Godlike attribute last I checked.

#62 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

And everyone has a "right" to change a "definition" - you are completely free to not consider gay people married and no one can take that away from you. If I recall correctly, many famous people in the Bible had many, many wives.

Also, I believe it was also a sin for a woman to remarry at some point.

Among many other things, so YES marriage has been "redefined" many times in that one book alone.

Now what if you are not a believer? Are you saying that that person just needs to suck it up and accept your narrow interpretation of something? To the point where the governement needs to codify that for you?

And of course you neglected to mention that this law will also invalidate many benefits of unmarried couples which for some reason has been constantly been thrown under the bus by supporters as inconsquential.

#63 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

I think we just got jesus trolled

#64 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,848 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

There's nothing wrong with being gay... But no one has the right to change the definition of marriage. In North Carolina, our tollerance to change is unequaled compared to other Southern states, but this state has a backbone and won't be pushed around.

North Carolina born and bred don't conform to what they know is wrong... We were the first to break away from England and the only southern state to stand down to the institution of slavery, (we were forced in by VA and SC), now we could be the first southern state to change God's own definition of marriage.

It's not just legalizing gay marriage. It's the overall mindset that the people of this state can be backed into a corner and be told what to do by Washington and Hollywood. Go ahead and vote against it, (although most who go on and on about how wrong this is will probably be sitting on their couch all day tomorrow), but let me tell you all now that if this is turned down, not only will you'll find homosexuals from all over the South moving to North Carolina, the groups that support gay marriage will flock here as well... Like the folks who leave letters on my sister's grave, demanding to remove the cross from atop her tombstone.

I doubt that gays are the ones leaving letters on your sister's grave. My family has several graves with all kinds of religious symbols including crosses. I have never received or seen any such letter. Also the amendment doesn't legalize gay marriage. it is already illegal. So if gay people flock to NC they will be sorely disappointed and will probably just continue their journey elsewhere until they find a more progressive state to say their vows

Once again, let me reiterate that I'm not opposed to gay's living together or adopting children if they choose to do so, and please forgive me if I offended any of you, but nobody has the right to change the very first institutoin our God has set for us; especially for a country that is supposed to be the leader of this world. The true trend-setter. Not conforming to what all the other countries have evolved to... There's a reason why this country is the greatest in the history of our world, and it's because we have kept God's most basic laws.

There are no prophesies or any foreshadowing of America in the Bible, but it does speak of this country by what we have instilled in our ideology.

"Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord" psalm 33:12 -we are blessed and fortunate to live here. Move to Europe if you don't believe that, they're doing real well.

And when God speaks about Isreal, (which I gurantee the majority of those voting against Amendment 1 also have negative feelings for Isreal)... "I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse" Genesis 12:3 (see Germany and middle east if you have questions)... This country has been successful for a reason; keeping true to God's word should not be swept under the rug.

And don't think this is some old fart trying to hide in his cabin. I'm a 24 year old grad student, and though Bill Maher and most of you guys will mock me, I can rest assure knowing that I did my part in trying to keep NC a respectful state.

You want to stay true to the word than you also must support the institution of slavery as did the Bible in Leviticus 25: 44-47 from the King James version of the Bible:

44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.
45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
46 And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour.
47 And if a sojourner or stranger wax rich by thee, and thy brother that dwelleth by him wax poor, and sell himself unto the stranger or sojourner by thee, or to the stock of the stranger's family:

So should I go gather up the heathen as my possessions to bequeath to my children and to be my family and I's bondmen forever?? It is my Biblical right. Would that allow NC to be a "respectful state"??

#65 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Nice interpretation of the bible. It seems we both interpret the same book much differently (Yes I am a Christian) ....so why do you get choose the interpretation?

Christians used the bible to justify a large number of atrocities throughout it's existence....thank you for continuing that trend

The government needs to regulate how your church is able to interpret the bible.

It's called religious freedom, you wouldn't understand.

#66 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,328 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

i keep seeing people argue that the amendment is needed to "defend marriage", as if defeating it at the polls will make gay marriage legal or something.

anyway unless there's been super high turnout for early voting and there's a strong push again tomorrow this thing is going to pass and we'll get to be a "respectable" state where gay marriage is not only illegal but so super-duper illegal that it's in our state constitution.

#67 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Once this passes, I don't want to live in this state anymore.

#68 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Gas prices are ridiculous. College tuition and student loan debt is outrageous. Yet, in this state, the biggest issue is whether or not we can ban gay marriage and put it into the state constitution. The backwoods, inbred, redneck assholes in this state need to get their priorities straight. If you're in this thread and support this amendment, yes, I am talking to you.

#69 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,328 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

up next is amendment 2, a ballot initiative to amend the NC constitution with language stating that murder is the killing of one thing by another thing and is illegal.

oh sure, there are those complaining that the wording is "vague" and that the amendment could "completely fug up a lot of things that directly affect a lot of people", but at the end of the day you have to ask yourself: are you against murder or aren't you?

#70 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,760 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

I for one am in favor of traditional murder

#71 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

There's nothing wrong with being gay... But no one has the right to change the definition of marriage. In North Carolina, our tollerance to change is unequaled compared to other Southern states, but this state has a backbone and won't be pushed around.

North Carolina born and bred don't conform to what they know is wrong... We were the first to break away from England and the only southern state to stand down to the institution of slavery, (we were forced in by VA and SC), now we could be the first southern state to change God's own definition of marriage.

It's not just legalizing gay marriage. It's the overall mindset that the people of this state can be backed into a corner and be told what to do by Washington and Hollywood. Go ahead and vote against it, (although most who go on and on about how wrong this is will probably be sitting on their couch all day tomorrow), but let me tell you all now that if this is turned down, not only will you'll find homosexuals from all over the South moving to North Carolina, the groups that support gay marriage will flock here as well... Like the folks who leave letters on my sister's grave, demanding to remove the cross from atop her tombstone.

Once again, let me reiterate that I'm not opposed to gay's living together or adopting children if they choose to do so, and please forgive me if I offended any of you, but nobody has the right to change the very first institutoin our God has set for us; especially for a country that is supposed to be the leader of this world. The true trend-setter. Not conforming to what all the other countries have evolved to... There's a reason why this country is the greatest in the history of our world, and it's because we have kept God's most basic laws.

There are no prophesies or any foreshadowing of America in the Bible, but it does speak of this country by what we have instilled in our ideology.

"Blessed is the nation who's God is the Lord" psalm 33:12 -we are blessed and fortunate to live here. Move to Europe if you don't believe that, they're doing real well.

And when God speaks about Isreal, (which I gurantee the majority of those voting against Amendment 1 also have negative feelings for Isreal)... "I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse" Genesis 12:3 (see Germany and middle east if you have questions)... This country has been successful for a reason; keeping true to God's word should not be swept under the rug.

And don't think this is some old fart trying to hide in his cabin. I'm a 24 year old grad student, and though Bill Maher and most of you guys will mock me, I can rest assure knowing that I did my part in trying to keep NC a respectful state.

"Thou shalt not kill" So you believe we shouldn't have had the revolutionary war and we should have stayed a colony to Britain? That would put a damper on your whole "we are such a great country because we keep true to God's word" speech

#72 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

All you have demonstrated with your totally unsubstantiated rant is:

1) There are still people raising their children to be closed minded bigots.

2) Critical thinking skills are not required to obtain a college degree.

#73 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

Not at Bob Jones U

#74 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,093 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Not at Bob Jones U

Haha!

#75 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:15 PM

I can rest assure knowing that I did my part in trying to keep NC a respectful state.

If you don't want to marry a gay dude, don't do it. Why do you care whether two men get married or not? What influence does it have on you directly?

You claim there is nothing wrong with being gay yet you clearly think there is - if you didn't, certainly God would be fine with allowing people who are doing nothing wrong to be married, right?

How is being a beacon for hatred and intolerance respectful?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.