Fanaticalfootballfiend.com's Write-Ups On Our Picks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 klbishop143

klbishop143

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest (it sucks here)

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

What the eff is "verticity"? :blink:

A word tyson learned in prison

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:05 AM

In my head Macho Man Randy Savage was narrating the write-ups.

#18 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

I respect his rankings somewhat, but I don't like his criticisms. For one, he is too rough on teams taking a QB early. He's really forgetting how important they are in today's game. They really make or break the team. I find it hard to hate on the dolphins or redskins too much because of this. He also commented on a 2nd round pick saying that "this is a bad move no matter what he becomes because of who is available". Really dude? If that guy becomes one of the all time greats, are you still gonna insist that it was a bad pick? At the end of the day, I see this guy more as a coach who's evaluating talent then a guy who actually has any insight to the strategies involved on draft day.

#19 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,903 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for posting that beast of an article got my oh-joes flowing baby!! You MF!

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,090 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

I respect his rankings somewhat, but I don't like his criticisms. For one, he is too rough on teams taking a QB early. He's really forgetting how important they are in today's game. They really make or break the team. I find it hard to hate on the dolphins or redskins too much because of this. He also commented on a 2nd round pick saying that "this is a bad move no matter what he becomes because of who is available". Really dude? If that guy becomes one of the all time greats, are you still gonna insist that it was a bad pick? At the end of the day, I see this guy more as a coach who's evaluating talent then a guy who actually has any insight to the strategies involved on draft day.

the guy doesn't give any real insight and writes with the fluid panache of a fuggin boot. i have read more compelling prose on the back of a bottle of head and shoulders. the guy is a complete joke.

#21 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Cool man...nice write up imo

About the BEAST word being overused...i agree. I do think it applys w these playas fo sho tho!

#22 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

"Beast" is just one of his rankings. It's used a lot because it's a standard term for his site.

#23 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,828 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

Kind of amusing and ironic that many huddlers are bashing the writing skills of the authors on that site when most here struggle to put two coherent sentences together.

We bitch when we get no press nor respect. Then a site gives mad props on our draft, we bitch about their writing style.

We MUST have the most pessimistic and negative fanbase in the league.

#24 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

Kind of amusing and ironic that many huddlers are bashing the writing skills of the authors on that site when most here struggle to put two coherent sentences together.

We bitch when we get no press nor respect. Then a site gives mad props on our draft, we bitch about their writing style.

This place is all about the snark.

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,124 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

I think we'll look bad on this as one of our best draft classes of all time.

#26 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Yes, I concur, shallow and pedantic

#27 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

What the eff is "verticity"? :blink:

I'm guessing verticity is the ability to get vertical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com