Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doyle

Met A Sports Writer Tonight

70 posts in this topic

Field reporter. I asked if they knew Zod but nada. Said they would probably recognize him though.

So Zod is putting on a front then? Interesting.

I heard Smitty don't like to be bothered when he's off work and can be a total ass to fans.

This is truth. He got pretty pissed at me one time when we were just chatting at the YMCA while shooting hoops. I was just asking about the upcoming season - nothing pressing or asshole-ish. Just clearly didn't want to discuss football period in the off-season and made it known. This was also about 10 years ago, so still a very raw Smitty.

Smitty comes with me on my winter alaska trips every year where we club baby seals together

I know a guy from WFNZ who says they love him. He stops by unannounced and goofs off at the station a lot apparently. Sounds like a print problem.

Naw Steve can be a bully and a jerk. He got in one of the WFNZ guys face real bad over nothing really. He has always been an enigma. Sometimes he can be very nice and other times he's guarded and rude. He loves to sign autographs at various Panther events but if he's short on time he signs for "kids only". I'm always on edge around Steve. He's like a tiger at the zoo. Docile but you never know when he's gonna maul someone.

Jordan is a very nice guy but Steve is much more accessible to the fans then Jordan.

They deserved it.

I would agree

I love Smitty, but this is EXACTLY why it'll be hard for him to be inducted in the HOF.

Yeah, it's a shame they only let in humble and polite gentlemen like Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders.

whose the sports writer?

It was Meat with a fake Press ID.

I met Steve Smith at a Brad Hoover charity Golf tourney a few years back.....I waited till they were done playing and asked him to sign my hat. I gave him my hat and an Ink Pen......he litteraly spent 15 minutes trying to find a Sharpie and ended up getting several other players to sign my hat...from that expierience I dont see where people get their info. He was very friendly...although he didn't even crack a smile when he took a picture with my younger brother......sucks at golf though....lol

WHO THE fug CARES

i don't care.

smitty's job isn't to make reporting easy.

I don't like sports writers. This only makes me like Smitty more.