• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

I hope it was Pacman, good radio show but he was a @#$%% to listeners.

it was T-Bone

#62 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

I would definitely settle for a pro athlete that performs well on the field. However I would prefer athletes that are cordial with the media and fans. Their skill sets are unique and entertaining but they don't actually produce anything. Without the NFL most of them are nobodies. They owe it to the league and fans to be accessible. I've never read an NFL contract but I would bet there are media requirements written into them.

I can see why a player dislikes the media. Sometimes the media can write negative stories about you (sometimes they are true). These same players will finish their career and apply for positions at ESPN or NFLN. Next thing you know they are calling active players a snitch on twitter.

#63 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

That's why it's so funny to read how people hate sports reporters but love the athletes. Many of them become sports reporters. Where's the line of demarkation from hero to douchebag, Zod? When they take off the helmet for the last time?

Regardless I don't think anyone deserves to have their privacy bothered by a writer, but absolutely no writer deserves to be disrespected for just doing his job too. Can't hate on a writer for just asking for an interview because it's his job, then applaud an athlete for cussing out a writer because he asked a question.

#64 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

And that is EXACTLY what I LOVE about SS. He doesn't give a fug about what others think. He lives HIS life. He not a politically correct Peyton Manning douche who has never seen an endorsement he didn't like. Smitty is a real man- not a corporate representation of a person.

Oh dear lord. Manning tells it like it is: "Idiot kicker" anyone? He just has a modicum of class.

#65 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Oh dear lord. Manning tells it like it is: "Idiot kicker" anyone? He just has a modicum of class.

No, he's a sheep. Everyone in the NFL has those sentiments or at the very least doesn't give a flip about the kickers, so he is safe in expressing the same. Manning is an amazing football player, no doubt, but he is a pawn of the highest magnitude. He has no voice, other than "Baaaaaa!".

Plus I just love seeing him fill his drawers in clutch big-game/playoff situations. He does a fine job of that.

#66 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yea Manning is a sheep....what a joke comment. Fluoridation of water was started by the govt to mind control us and Peyton Manning is a pawn in a big corporate scheme. That's it.

#67 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

No, he's a sheep. Everyone in the NFL has those sentiments or at the very least doesn't give a flip about the kickers, so he is safe in expressing the same. Manning is an amazing football player, no doubt, but he is a pawn of the highest magnitude. He has no voice, other than "Baaaaaa!".

Plus I just love seeing him fill his drawers in clutch big-game/playoff situations. He does a fine job of that.

You're clearly insane.

#68 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

Personally I don't give a rats ass how polite our players are to reporters. Most sports reporters are total and complete douche bags.

I've heard photographers are worse :unsure:

Smith has always come across to me as one of those personalities that just doesn't filter their emotions, or for that matter their words. He also doesn't give a flying rip about his public image so he pretty much doesn't care how it affects anyone outside of family and closest friends. This type tends to be a tad stubborn too, which means the door to his bad side generally only swings in one direction.

Yeah, that makes him a tough person to be around sometimes, especially for people he holds in contempt (likely most reporters, if not all).

But then, football games aren't popularity contests, are they?

#69 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 AM

people who wander up to celebrities in public and harass them for autographs are asking for it.

I agree with this completely. I don't understand why people need autographs of other people anyway.

#70 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Not even close.

Have you looked at Michael Irvin's stats.

Very close to SS, but with Super Bowls.

I am not saying that Smith should be in, he is one of the many bubble WR's that people will bring up, but the numbers are close. It's the Super Bowl's that will keep him out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com