Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Round 2- Carolina (6) vs. Boston (1)

547 posts in this topic

Posted

The defense has been pretty close to stellar indeed. Occasional lapses and Anton Babchuk occasionally plays like the young'n he is. Definitely lacking the playoff experience. Cam Ward is usually there to clean up though.

We also need someone other than the top line to start producing. Staal, Whitney, and Larose have been amazing but I'd like to see some of the other lines score. Boston is a good team and Tim Thomas is a good goalie, but I feel if we can handle Brodeur, we can handle any goaltender.

Posted

I think we see the return of the babchuk bomb abd the corvo cannon... LoL

Posted

Anton bomb

Posted

Anton Bomb indeed. It's lethal.

Posted

We have tickets to Wed night's game. I can't wait.

Posted

not to burst your bubbles or anything but i think you guys will be lucky to win 1 in this series...Tim Thomas is no joke...and watch out for Charra dudes a beast of a blueliner

Posted

not to burst your bubbles or anything but i think you guys will be lucky to win 1 in this series...Tim Thomas is no joke...and watch out for Charra dudes a beast of a blueliner

Well I am glad that's your oponion. We are not the same team that went O-4 against them. Thomas is no joke....definatley top 5 goalie in the league...But we got Cam Ward, who is playing better than he ever has. Its not going to be an easy series but we will make boston play there A-game...unlike the Habs..

PS. ESPN's Pierre Lebrun picks us to win in 7

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?columnist=lebrun_pierre&id=4111487

Posted

Just litsening to the Sports Lunch on 99.9 The Fan and Barry Melrose is picking Canes to win the series.

Posted

Just litsening to the Sports Lunch on 99.9 The Fan and Barry Melrose is picking Canes to win the series.

Barry Melrose also said that Steve Stamkos wasnt ready for the NHL....kid broke the rookie scoring recrd for the Lightning

Posted

Barry Melrose also said that Steve Stamkos wasnt ready for the NHL....kid broke the rookie scoring recrd for the Lightning

Didnt barry coach them at the beginning of the season? :lol: If he did no wonder he got fired.

Canes in 5.

Posted

Didnt barry coach them at the beginning of the season? :lol: If he did no wonder he got fired.

Canes in 5.

yes he did...he still thought it was 1993 NHL

and for the record...im rooting for the Canes in this

Posted

I think if we get the first game its our series... if not.... hello up hill battle.